Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Main Floor: Are You Being Served? > AYBS Central

AYBS Central For all things Are You Being Served!

Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 PM
The Fifth Beatle
Member of the Board

I recently dreamed that I was looking through a book that was full of photographs. There pictures of Captain Peacock, Mr. Rumbold, Mr. Tebbs, and Mr. Lucas. Mr. Lucas was dressed slightly old fashioned and had a leopard print ascot.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Yes but did he have trousers ?

Old 09-04-2012, 10:16 PM
The Fifth Beatle
Member of the Board

I'm sure he did.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 PM
old, tough, leathery, and rejected
Member of the Board

My Mood:

I usually don't dream about AYBS, but I did last night. In my dream I'm watching the show and there was another clerk behind the gents' counter in addition to Mr. Grainger, Mr. Humphries and Mr. Lucas. He was a tall black man. In my dream I was like, "How come I never noticed this guy before? And why hasn't anyone on the forum mentioned him?"

Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Mr Inman's sub...er, assistant
Member of the Board

If I had seen that...

"Hmm, I don't remember this one. Is this where Gra- Mary Poppins in a bakery! A minority! And on Auntie Beeb, too!"
Old 11-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Old 07-02-2014, 08:51 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Last night I had a dream in which I walked into a bathroom and sat down on the toilet. When I looked up, I was all of a sudden behind the scene of a studio in which an episode of AYBS was being filmed. I was facing the audience but behind the stage area where the actors would be. Before I knew it, the audience walked in, and the show started. It wasn't an episode that we know, and it only lasted for a few moments, so I couldn't get an idea of what the episode was about. However, the actors were not the original actors. Most disturbing was the man (yes, man) playing Miss Brahms. He had on a wig and Miss Brahm's Grace Brothers blouse/skirt but was still sporting a mustache. I blame the chorizo tacos I had for dinner. The sauce they came with was sp-I-I-I-cy!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Last night featured a kind of AYBS dream. I was in London and came across a website for a store that sold show biz memorabilia. I looked for some AYBS stuff and found they were selling a tie once owned by Trevor Bannister. Then the dream took a disturbing turn. I drove to the store, only to find it was now a pancake house. I talked to the owner, and he said he had recently bought the building from the guy that used to own the store. He said he was still in touch with the guy and would have him cover over to see me (in my car). The guy came and said that he still had the tie. He asked me to meet him back there in the parking lot after dark. So, it was then dark, and I was sitting in my car, waiting for the guy. A young man came up to me and told me to stay away from this guy and that he was bad news. The guy then came up to the young man and shot him. I then slammed on the accelerator and sped away.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:19 PM
Member of the Board

I had a dream last week that I was at Grace Brothers. I think I was buying either a tie or a waistcoat, maybe both. And apparently my inside leg is thirty inches.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Upper Middle Management
Upper Middle Management

My Mood:

A couple weeks ago I dreamed that I was a hugely wealthy customer and Mrs. Slocombe was practically drooling trying to suck up to me to sell me stuff. The dream - as with most of mine - was pretty fuzzy, but I do remember eventually thinking, "What the HELL am I doing in THIS place? I'm rich!" I think I woke up as I was about to leave.
Old 08-03-2014, 04:45 AM
The Fifth Beatle
Member of the Board

I dreamed Captain Peacock and Miss Brahms were in Mr. Rumbold's office. Peacock was erasing South America off a map of the world.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily the Tea Girl View Post
I dreamed Captain Peacock and Miss Brahms were in Mr. Rumbold's office. Peacock was erasing South America off a map of the world.

Old 09-19-2014, 09:08 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

The other night I had an AYBS dream in which they filmed a true end-of-series episode. This one featured the store about to close for good, and most of the episode took place on the final day, just after closing. Some of the staff members (Slocombe, Brahms, Humphries, Peacock, and Rumbold) were going to meet at a local pub once they had collected their things. The camera then focused on each individual as he/she gathered up their belongings and began to leave the store. They would stop, smile in a melancholic sort of way, and stare off in the distance. As they did that, you could hear audio clips of past jokes/situations that occurred in the show's history. It was kind of a clip show, only with audio instead of video clips. It made me cry (in my sleep) while watching the episode.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:58 PM
Member of the Board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
The other night I had an AYBS dream in which they filmed a true end-of-series episode. This one featured the store about to close for good, and most of the episode took place on the final day, just after closing. Some of the staff members (Slocombe, Brahms, Humphries, Peacock, and Rumbold) were going to meet at a local pub once they had collected their things. The camera then focused on each individual as he/she gathered up their belongings and began to leave the store. They would stop, smile in a melancholic sort of way, and stare off in the distance. As they did that, you could hear audio clips of past jokes/situations that occurred in the show's history. It was kind of a clip show, only with audio instead of video clips. It made me cry (in my sleep) while watching the episode.
Old 09-20-2014, 04:34 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
That would have been a nice way to end it. Especially having Lucas show up at the end after everyone else had left just to have a look see and say good bye. Oh hell now I'm crying.

.................................................. .............................
Old 09-20-2014, 08:55 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg WibblyWobbly View Post
That would have been a nice way to end it. Especially having Lucas show up at the end after everyone else had left just to have a look see and say good bye. Oh hell now I'm crying.

Actually, the part that made me cry in my dream was when Mr. Humphries was staring off in the distance with a slight smile, and you could hear him and Mr. Grainger talking.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:19 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
Actually, the part that made me cry in my dream was when Mr. Humphries was staring off in the distance with a slight smile, and you could hear him and Mr. Grainger talking.

Now I'm misting up again ....
.................................................. .............................
Old 09-29-2014, 05:26 AM
The Fifth Beatle
Member of the Board

I woke up with Mr. Tebbs running through my head saying, "I've got a favorite biscuit but I can't remember the name of it. It's got something to do with Friday."
Old 09-30-2014, 02:50 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Old 11-22-2014, 08:38 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

I don't know if I shared this one before or not.

I dreamed I use to work in the store, but came back as a customer. Everyone was mad at me when I worked there, but as a customer they were nice and conciliatory towards me. It wasn't much of a dream, but I just remember that Mrs Slocombe and Mr Grainger was exchanging barbs, and I was trying to be funny but couldn't match the others. .I think that's what got me fired originally. LOL