Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Main Floor: Are You Being Served? > AYBS Central

AYBS Central For all things Are You Being Served!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-29-2010, 07:13 PM
fairy cake's Avatar
fairy cake fairy cake is offline
Packing and Maintenance
Packing and Maintenance
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in a pink forest
Posts: 22
My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to fairy cake
Default Every dream about AYBS?

I did once. I fell asleep while watching AYBS, and in my dream, i was on the mens & ladies floor. And the "magic wall" (that side you never see because of the cameras and crew being there) was this giant red velvet curtain, there were probably windows behind it, but i never checked. It felt so real and all the detail was there. Though, i was all alone there.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-30-2010, 02:45 AM
Greg WibblyWobbly's Avatar
Greg WibblyWobbly Greg WibblyWobbly is offline
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 100,020
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly
Default

I was being chased through the store once in a dream.
I attribute that to the fact that I watch it every night to fall asleep to and me brain probably heard it.
__________________
**************************************
Grand Poobah of All Wibbly's Everywhere !!!!
Visit my site for AYBS? Wallpapers, Screensavers, Games and more !
.................................................. .............................
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Sienna's Avatar
Sienna Sienna is offline
It's tough at the top. And dry.
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: In Belgium beside the seaside
Posts: 2,795
My Mood:
Default

Was it Mrs Peacock chasing you in Oh What A Tangled Web?

I think I have dreamt of AYBS too, but I can't recall anything in particular.
__________________

Mollie Sugden - July 21, 1922 - July 1, 2009
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-30-2010, 06:52 AM
cpl.er...Capt. Joe's Avatar
cpl.er...Capt. Joe cpl.er...Capt. Joe is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,621
Default

I don't often dream about being on AYBS?, but The characters show up in my dreams frequently.

I'm not sure what it means, but more than once Mr. Humphries has appeared in my dreams when I've had tough decisions to make. He usually gives good advice.

I have figued out that when Mrs. Slocombe appears, I'm really angry about something I haven't confronted yet.

I'm still waiting to see some characters.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-30-2010, 10:58 AM
Red Shadow's Avatar
Red Shadow Red Shadow is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 19,223
My Mood:
Default

What a co-inkydink! I had an AYBS dream just 2 nights ago. In this dream, Mr. Humphries, Miss Brahms, and Mrs. Slocombe were living in a large country mansion, even bigger than Millstone Manor. In the dream, Miss Belfridge asked if she could stay with them for awhile because she lost the lease on her apartment. Mrs. Slocombe and Miss Brahms were against the idea, but Mr. Humphries didn't care one way or the other. Anyway, they compromised, and Slocombe/Brahms agreed to let Miss Belfridge stay if and only if she helped with the chores and didn't have any men over. A few days after Miss Belfridge moved in, Humphries/Brahms/Slocombe went to town for the day, and suddenly a half dozen men came out of the various secret rooms and passageways and chased Miss Belfridge around. Apparently, she had snuck the men in and kept them secluded in various hiding spots.
__________________
I was in the navy...for a week or two.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Xymers's Avatar
Xymers Xymers is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Oregon USA
Posts: 2,056
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
What a co-inkydink! I had an AYBS dream just 2 nights ago. In this dream, Mr. Humphries, Miss Brahms, and Mrs. Slocombe were living in a large country mansion, even bigger than Millstone Manor. In the dream, Miss Belfridge asked if she could stay with them for awhile because she lost the lease on her apartment. Mrs. Slocombe and Miss Brahms were against the idea, but Mr. Humphries didn't care one way or the other. Anyway, they compromised, and Slocombe/Brahms agreed to let Miss Belfridge stay if and only if she helped with the chores and didn't have any men over. A few days after Miss Belfridge moved in, Humphries/Brahms/Slocombe went to town for the day, and suddenly a half dozen men came out of the various secret rooms and passageways and chased Miss Belfridge around. Apparently, she had snuck the men in and kept them secluded in various hiding spots.
I'd like to hear more of your dreams!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Greg WibblyWobbly's Avatar
Greg WibblyWobbly Greg WibblyWobbly is offline
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 100,020
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sienna View Post
Was it Mrs Peacock chasing you in Oh What A Tangled Web?

I forget who was chasing me but it wasn't any of the cast. It's like I ran into Grace Brothers to get away from who or whatever was chasing me and the store was just going about it's business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl.er...Capt. Joe View Post
I don't often dream about being on AYBS?, but The characters show up in my dreams frequently.

I'm not sure what it means, but more than once Mr. Humphries has appeared in my dreams when I've had tough decisions to make. He usually gives good advice.

I have figued out that when Mrs. Slocombe appears, I'm really angry about something I haven't confronted yet.

I'm still waiting to see some characters.
Does Slocombe's hair go from blue to red when you're pissed ??


Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
What a co-inkydink! I had an AYBS dream just 2 nights ago. In this dream, Mr. Humphries, Miss Brahms, and Mrs. Slocombe were living in a large country mansion, even bigger than Millstone Manor. In the dream, Miss Belfridge asked if she could stay with them for awhile because she lost the lease on her apartment. Mrs. Slocombe and Miss Brahms were against the idea, but Mr. Humphries didn't care one way or the other. Anyway, they compromised, and Slocombe/Brahms agreed to let Miss Belfridge stay if and only if she helped with the chores and didn't have any men over. A few days after Miss Belfridge moved in, Humphries/Brahms/Slocombe went to town for the day, and suddenly a half dozen men came out of the various secret rooms and passageways and chased Miss Belfridge around. Apparently, she had snuck the men in and kept them secluded in various hiding spots.
That would make a great eppy of "Grace and Favour" !!!
__________________
**************************************
Grand Poobah of All Wibbly's Everywhere !!!!
Visit my site for AYBS? Wallpapers, Screensavers, Games and more !
.................................................. .............................
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Bionic Grainger's Avatar
Bionic Grainger Bionic Grainger is offline
I've wanted that key all my life
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Brownsburg,Indiana
Posts: 2,611
My Mood:
Default

I fall asleep every night to AYBS? also, but I have never had a dream about it. Now I feel very sad and left out.
__________________
Mammy

Some lady says she wants to have me on the carpet
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2010, 08:52 AM
minki's Avatar
minki minki is offline
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: The Land of Moo
Posts: 6,407
My Mood:
Default

Occasionally
__________________
Are You Being Served? Forever at http://www.minki.net/aybs/
Yes, it's the Benny Hill...wait a minute, wrong show *ahem* Ground floor, perfumery, stationery, and leather goods...

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2010, 01:30 PM
humphries's Avatar
humphries humphries is offline
Currently at boardroom level
Sporting Goods
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gnomeland
Posts: 83
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bionic Grainger View Post
I fall asleep every night to AYBS? also, but I have never had a dream about it. Now I feel very sad and left out.
Dont be sad BG. I dont have that many either.

I did once have a dream that Mr.Humphries and I were dating in high school. I had to tell him not to talk so much because everyone would like ask him to sign something for them. the mind is a weird place
__________________
You no talka to my papa like that!

Last edited by Greg WibblyWobbly; 05-09-2010 at 05:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-15-2010, 10:30 AM
fairy cake's Avatar
fairy cake fairy cake is offline
Packing and Maintenance
Packing and Maintenance
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in a pink forest
Posts: 22
My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to fairy cake
Default

I fell asleep watching Star Trek yesterday and i had a dream i was hiking through the woods with Patrick Stewart and i had a sewing kit with me.

Go figure.. lol
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Carrie Anne's Avatar
Carrie Anne Carrie Anne is offline
Upper Middle Management
Upper Middle Management
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Belgium
Posts: 672
My Mood:
Default

I once dreamt that Mr. Lucas and I were trapped inside the store and were trying to get out. Don't remember if we got out though
__________________
I'm climbing walls, they've been here all this time
And if I fall, well then I'll leave this place behind
I can change, be more than this disgrace
I can wait, just tell me to my face
How did I end up in this place?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 05-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Red Shadow's Avatar
Red Shadow Red Shadow is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 19,223
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie Anne View Post
I once dreamt that Mr. Lucas and I were trapped inside the store and were trying to get out. Don't remember if we got out though
Was that because you kept putting barricades in front of the doors?
__________________
I was in the navy...for a week or two.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-19-2010, 01:46 PM
larsen525 larsen525 is offline
An aura what is purple with white stripes
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
Was that because you kept putting barricades in front of the doors?
: "I'll have you know I've got girls banging on my door every night."

: "Yeah...trying to get out!"

- E.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-19-2010, 10:04 PM
angelique1795 angelique1795 is offline
Mrs. Angelique Burke
Senior Salesperson
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 331
My Mood:
Default

I often watch AYBS while falling asleep...no dreams about the show or characters that I can remember but I do hear them speaking their lines throughout my dream.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Red Shadow's Avatar
Red Shadow Red Shadow is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 19,223
My Mood:
Default

I had an AYBS dream last night. In this dream, Mollie Sugden and John Inman were scheduled to appear at a London department store to meet the public and answer questions. They were the same age they were in the early '80s. I thought to myself, "I have nothing to do this weekend, so I'll go." Away I went, and after standing in line for a bit, I got to sit down and talk with Mollie. We chatted about AYBS and how much I love the show. Then it got weird: I asked her about her hobbies, and she mentioned a new one she has: something called "corn porn." I asked what that is, and she said it's British slang for peach cobblers. Apparently, she loved baking them. I never got to meet John. Then the dream switched to me being back in the USA and typing about my trip on this board, much like I'm doing now.
__________________
I was in the navy...for a week or two.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 PM
sonosun's Avatar
sonosun sonosun is offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 61,660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
I had an AYBS dream last night. In this dream, Mollie Sugden and John Inman were scheduled to appear at a London department store to meet the public and answer questions. They were the same age they were in the early '80s. I thought to myself, "I have nothing to do this weekend, so I'll go." Away I went, and after standing in line for a bit, I got to sit down and talk with Mollie. We chatted about AYBS and how much I love the show. Then it got weird: I asked her about her hobbies, and she mentioned a new one she has: something called "corn porn." I asked what that is, and she said it's British slang for peach cobblers. Apparently, she loved baking them. I never got to meet John. Then the dream switched to me being back in the USA and typing about my trip on this board, much like I'm doing now.
Very nice dream Red,but I don't want to scare you, you're still in bed dreaming.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-03-2010, 12:59 AM
walleye117's Avatar
walleye117 walleye117 is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,565
My Mood:
Default

i did dream about it once. it was a more complicated dream than i can describe here. i watched an episode, and went to bed and drempt, that i was a new to the show, and every one was very rude to me, trying to make me quit. because there wasn't anymore room on the floor for new actors.????(it was the original cast) i was a very disappointing dream, because i always thought of the actors as being very nice, and welcoming, in real life, but they hated me. i was very depressed for about 30 seconds after i woke up..lol
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Red Shadow's Avatar
Red Shadow Red Shadow is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 19,223
My Mood:
Default

I had an AYBS dream last night that was so disturbing and graphic in an "ewww; gross" kind of way that I won't tell you the details. It started off with Old Mr. Grace getting a new hair color/style in the Unisex Hair Salon. He then revealed his new, buff physique, and it caught Mrs. Slocombe's attention. Now, you can figure out for yourself what happened from there. Or, you can choose to shove a hot poker into your eyes in order to take your mind off this subject all together.
__________________
I was in the navy...for a week or two.

Last edited by Red Shadow; 12-05-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 PM
bargainbasement's Avatar
bargainbasement bargainbasement is offline
Novelty Candles
Novelty Candles
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 95
My Mood:
Default

Never had a dream about AYBS yet but after being on here with it running around my brain who knows what will happen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.