Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Main Floor: Are You Being Served? > Are You Being Served? Again

Are You Being Served? Again Talk about the staff's life at Millstone Manor

Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 PM
Rightful Earl of Millstone
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSentMe View Post
She was using that "Cooking Show Oven" where the chef puts a raw side of beef in the oven and by the time he walks to the other side of the stage it's done!
Is that similar to the Soap Opera Incubator, where children are born then a few months later they are teenagers?
Old 12-15-2012, 05:33 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stableforth View Post
i also noticed that there was stunt double for Ms. Lovelock as she is giving Capt. Peacock a ride on her motorcycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonosun View Post
That explains why Peacock was keeping his hands in the right place.

.................................................. .............................
Old 12-15-2012, 05:34 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BasilBJr View Post
In "The Petrified Pussy" Mavis was making a lemon marange pie, and put it in the oven just before the Staff arrived. And she said "pie" singular; there was no indication that there was any other pies. But she offered it to them as soon as they sat down. Even a "microb-wave" can't cook that fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSentMe View Post
She was using that "Cooking Show Oven" where the chef puts a raw side of beef in the oven and by the time he walks to the other side of the stage it's done!

Quote:
Is that similar to the Soap Opera Incubator, where children are born then a few months later they are teenagers?
.................................................. .............................
Old 06-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Canteen Staff
Canteen Staff

I don't know if this qualifies as a blooper, it's more like a mistake.
In S1Ep4 (The Teasling Episode), it appears that in the version I saw Fluer Bennett aka Mavis, did not show up in the end credits. That was my favorite episode with her.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:19 PM
The Junior
Bathroom Fittings

My Mood:

I noticed that in one episode Mrs Slocombe is walking down the stairs, alone, then the camera goes off her then when its back Miss Brahms is with her. I can't remember which episode though
Old 10-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Mr Inman's sub...er, assistant
Member of the Board

Quote:
In "The Petrified Pussy" Mavis was making a lemon marange pie, and put it in the oven just before the Staff arrived. And she said "pie" singular; there was no indication that there was any other pies. But she offered it to them as soon as they sat down. Even a "microb-wave" can't cook that fast.
It doesn't take long for the meringue to cook and brown a bit. I've pulled one out about five minutes after it went in, and the nasty egg bit was perfect.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Member of the Board

My Mood:

In "The Petrified Pussy." Miss Brahms said that she'd read that the Bog Man was 5,000 years old. But at the museum Peacock asked if he was Neanderthal, who died out around 30,000 years ago, and the Curator said it was hard to date him. If it was so hard to date him, how did Miss Brahms find out it was 5,00 years old?
Old 11-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
In "The Petrified Pussy." Miss Brahms said that she'd read that the Bog Man was 5,000 years old. But at the museum Peacock asked if he was Neanderthal, who died out around 30,000 years ago, and the Curator said it was hard to date him. If it was so hard to date him, how did Miss Brahms find out it was 5,00 years old?
The writer's were not any smarter than Miss Brahms or Captain Peacock. Have a look at this. http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore...indow_man.aspx

Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
The writer's were not any smarter than Miss Brahms or Captain Peacock. Have a look at this. http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore...indow_man.aspx
This is in addition to my previous post on the mastodon tooth. The smart and sophisticated BBC made some glaring scientific errors. And this isn't super complicated, like the difference between Top Quarks and Strange Quarks. Any basic science book would have told them what they needed to know.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:43 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Old 11-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to mrsslocombe Send a message via MSN to mrsslocombe

In the regular show in an episode titled "The Apartment", it was revealed that Mr. Slocombe was taken away by the fraud squad but in AYBSA,they said he disappeared when he went to buy some slightly salted butter.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:45 PM
.. I'll get used to these country ways.
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsslocombe View Post
In the regular show in an episode titled "The Apartment", it was revealed that Mr. Slocombe was taken away by the fraud squad but in AYBSA,they said he disappeared when he went to buy some slightly salted butter.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Old 04-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Novelty Candles
Novelty Candles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beppo's View Post
Near the end of the first episode of Grace & Favour, "The Inheritance", Mrs Slocombe puts Tiddles to bed (I believe this is the first time we ever see a real cat playing the part of Tiddles) and then Mr Rumbold knocks on the door and comes in to talk to her. While they're having the conversation, at about the 24:58 mark just as Mrs Slocombe is saying "Well yes, it's quite cozy, but why can't we have the proper hotel rooms?", you hear some jingling and then you briefly hear a cat screeching and meowing in a quite pissed-off fashion. I wonder what happened? My guess is that the on-stage pussy handler reached in to snatch "Tiddles" off the set but she wasn't having any of it. It's very funny, especially because Mollie doesn't miss a beat.
I just HAD to go back and check it out. Sure enough! Exactly as described and very funny even when expecting it!

Good work!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 06:35 AM
The Junior
Bathroom Fittings

My Mood:

I don't think this is a blooper, just a bit strange
Miss Lovelock sometimes makes comments about Miss Brahms being old, but on Wikipedia it says that she was born in 1954 which would make her 38/39 in the show, which wouldn't be that much older than Miss Lovelock

That sounded good in my head but sorry if it doesn't make sense
Old 04-27-2014, 04:51 PM
The Junior
The Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrahms View Post
Miss Lovelock sometimes makes comments about Miss Brahms being old, but on Wikipedia it says that she was born in 1954 which would make her 38/39 in the show, which wouldn't be that much older than Miss Lovelock.
Some women are just catty. I have a feeling if their ages had been reversed, then Miss Lovelock's comments would be centered at how much more mature and experienced that she, Jessica, was and implying that our Shirley was a naive hayseed.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrahms View Post
Miss Lovelock sometimes makes comments about Miss Brahms being old, but on Wikipedia it says that she was born in 1954 which would make her 38/39 in the show, which wouldn't be that much older than Miss Lovelock

That sounded good in my head but sorry if it doesn't make sense
I know that Wendy died at an age that is older than I am now. I was born before 1954. Wikipedia is written by people who don't have to watch what they say. I feel most people who write on Wiki are trying their best.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:55 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know that Wendy died at an age that is older than I am now. I was born before 1954. Wikipedia is written by people who don't have to watch what they say. I feel most people who write on Wiki are trying their best.
Wendy was born in1943.
Besides it doesn't matter what a person's real age is on TV. They are the age of the character. Miss Lovelock's remark was meant to sting not point out a fact.

Old 04-28-2014, 01:57 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Wonder View Post
Some women are just catty. I have a feeling if their ages had been reversed, then Miss Lovelock's comments would be centered at how much more mature and experienced that she, Jessica, was and implying that our Shirley was a naive hayseed.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Mr Inman's sub...er, assistant
Member of the Board

Yeah, in my experiences, females of any species can be so much more nasty and territorial than males. Slocombe and Brahms had an almost mother-daughter relationship, which overrides territorial instincts. They still had their moments where they were ready to claw each other's eyes out.