Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > The Lobby > Customer Service > How-To File

How-To File Instructions for how to do various things at the forum

Old 01-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator

My Mood:
Default How-To: Change Your Username

Since I've had a few people how to get their name changed, I thought I'd post some info about it.

Yes, you can change your name at the forum! To do this, send a PM to me (Minki) with your desired username. If the username is acceptable and available, it is yours! I only reject usernames if they are offensive or too similar to staff usernames (this is to avoid confusion)

Once I change your name, all of your posts will be updated to reflect your new username. You will not lose any posts, PM messages or other privleges--they just get switched over to the new name. You will no longer be able to log in with your old username...so if your account was set for you to always stay logged in, you may have to log back in.

Your Custom Title will be changed to "Formerly [old username]" so people know who you were...er, are. This is required for at least 1 week; after that, you can change that back to whatever you had there.

Your old username is locked for 60 days. This is to prevent someone else from registering it right away and adding to the confusion of who is/was who. After 60 days, the old username is unlocked and it becomes free for anyone to take. If you change your mind about your new username and want the old username back, you will have to wait 60 days while the name is locked...and then hopefully be the first one to snag your old name. So please think carefully before changing your name, especially if you are giving up a "desirable" name, because if someone else grabs it first, it's theirs.

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!