Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Second Floor: Other British Goodies > Life Outside of AYBS

Life Outside of AYBS Talk about your OTHER favorite Britcoms and British TV shows

Old 04-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Greg WibblyWobbly's Personal Secretary
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg WibblyWobbly
I did....
:x :evil: :verymad:

the Anicent Ram INN was the best and you missed it. I'll tell you more in an email.

My Twitter Page
Old 04-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Upper Middle Management
Upper Middle Management

Has anyone watched the one where Derek & the team investigate 'The Station Hotel'?? It's just up the road from me in Dudley. They also did one of the live shows in Dudley castle a few years ago.

Pretty spooky around here.
Old 04-07-2006, 03:04 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

You guys have a lot of history over there.
.................................................. .............................
Old 04-18-2006, 03:16 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Well now I've caught the "Most Haunted" fever and I'm nuts with it !!! This show is so totally addictive !! I just wished that the DVD were released here in the states !!!
.................................................. .............................
Old 04-22-2006, 08:33 AM
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Join the club of addiction. Mind you, it's great addiction!

www.tvshowsondvd.com is an American site for Americans to vote for the release of their programs on DVD in the US. Most Haunted and Ghost Towns are on that list. You must register to vote.

I'm responsible for adding Ghost Towns to the list.

Ghost Towns
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=9976

Most Haunted
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/showinfo.cfm?showID=8555

My Twitter Page
Old 05-17-2006, 05:40 PM
Upper Middle Management
Upper Middle Management

The girlfriend booked the tickets tonight to see Derek Acorah live on the 20th November. I won't be going , she'll be going with 4 of her mates, i'll look damn stupid being the only man :rumbold01:

Mind you, 4 women..
Old 05-18-2006, 03:18 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jug Ears
The girlfriend booked the tickets tonight to see Derek Acorah live on the 20th November. I won't be going , she'll be going with 4 of her mates, i'll look damn stupid being the only man :rumbold01:

Mind you, 4 women..
I'd kill to go myself !!!!! Lucky duck !!!
Old 05-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Quote:

Mind you, 4 women..
Me, too.

I'm a member of Derek's fan club. I give anything to go. From what I hear, his live show are awesome! If you don't believe when you go in, you do when you come out.

BTW, while were on the subject of Derek, he'll be a guest on Doctor Who in July. :wink:

My Twitter Page
Old 05-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Upper Middle Management
Upper Middle Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assistant 134
Quote:
Quote:

Mind you, 4 women..
Me, too.

I'm a member of Derek's fan club. I give anything to go. From what I hear, his live show are awesome! If you don't believe when you go in, you do when you come out.

BTW, while were on the subject of Derek, he'll be a guest on Doctor Who in July. :wink:
I wish to god he never left Most Haunted, i used to love that show, never missed it. It's just not the same now without Derek

Does Derek ever tour the states with his live shows? is he well known over there??
Old 05-19-2006, 03:26 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Derek is not well known over here, except from the "MH" fans. I don't think he's ever come over here.
I miss him not being on "MH" but that Ciarian (the parapsycolgist) was one of the reasons that MH dumped Derek. I got to find that link......

Here it is !!!!!
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Click on it and cry.....
Old 05-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Like I said in my email to you, I like Phil Wyman better. :x

My Twitter Page
Old 05-19-2006, 06:27 PM
Upper Middle Management
Upper Middle Management

I would never take too much notice on what O' Keeffe has to say, he's always been a miserable po-faced little git.

Don't know if you have heard of him, but another good British medium is - Colin Fry. He has his own show called The 6ixth Sense, wonderful to watch.

http://www.colinfry.co.uk/
Old 05-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

In all honesty, I like Derek. I really believe that he has ability, he just likes to get theatric when things get boring. I also thing that he was prodded a bit from the MH team to "liven" things up. I also was a little aprehensive when I went to Derek's site to sign up and he has the British version of "The Psychic Network". That right there screams "Bogus money maker" to me !!!! I believe in psychics but not over the phone crap for 3.99 a minute !!!

I really like David Wells too. The one person I think that MH needs to get off the air is Karl Beattie. He's the one whom with ever show feels someone poking him or being pushed. 2 weeks ago on the "Portsmouth" show, he acted like he was being taken over by an angry spirit. The show was going great up till that point. MH did a slidding glass - Ouija board type thing that was fasinating !!!! Then comes in Karl to ruin the whole mood.....
Old 05-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Yeah David Wells is good, too. He took Derek's place for a while when Derek left.

As for Karl, he won't leave because he's Yvette's husband and owns MH and MH Live with Yvette. Their production company is Antrix.

David Wells explained Karl channeling once. He said the spirits tend to pick on non-psychic persons. That's happened to Karl numerous times. It's also happened to John Dibley. Remember I told you that a spirit beat up Stuart when the visited the Anicent Ram INN's Mayflower Barn. That's why he gets scared when he's alone because he knows they CAN hurt you. Derek always said they can't hurt you, well they can if their angry enough.

Hope you got to see last night's MH. It was awesome!! Dalston Hall is creepy. That's the first time a television cured my hicupps.

My Twitter Page
Old 05-21-2006, 05:51 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

I seen it and loved it !!! I just wished they release the friggin DVD's over here on region 1 !!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 05:52 AM
Member of the Board

My Mood:
Default Game With The Fear Factor

GAME WITH THE FEAR FACTOR

GHOSTLY goings-on are in store for a South Tyneside couple as their spooky new game hits the shelves.

To help Andrew and Nadine Farrow launch their latest product - Yvette Fielding's Ghosts - the TV presenter it's named after put in an appearance.
Mr and Mrs Farrow, who own Orchid Games Studio in Beach Road, South Shields, attracted the interest of Antix Productions, owned by Ms Fielding, as they developed the board game last year.
Mr Farrow, 34, said: "They thought it was a fantastic idea and everyone was on board."
Ms Fielding, co-presenter, with Derek Acorah, of Living TV's Most Haunted, can often be seen spooked in the programme as a paranormal investigator tries to make contact with spirts. Sites visited by the show's ghost-hunters include Whitburn's Souter Lighthouse where, legend has it, an old lighthouse keeper roams the corridors at night
Mr Farrow, of Tynedale Road, South Shields, said that Ms Fielding and her producer husband Karl Beattie were eager to get involved in the game's production, giving advice on equipment to use.
He added: "You can either take the role of one of the paranormal investigators or one of the ghosts.
"You also get to use the equipment that they use, like a night vision camera and thermal imager, and you have 24 chances, which represent 24 hours of the investigation."
The company is already looking at developing future editions of the game, including a special Halloween version set in Souter Lighthouse and possibly a DVD too. It has also attracted interest from America, Australia and Europe.
Mrs Farrow, 30, added: "With the subject matter, some may see it as having an adult theme, but we believe this is a fun family game whether you believe in the paranormal or not.
"We had to phone Yvette and Karl for information on the kit they use and they were only too happy to advise us."
The game allows players to take on the role of Ms Fielding and her crew as they are sent to investigate ghostly goings-on in a haunted house.
Ms Fielding said: "The game calls for plenty of strategic thinking to outwit the opposition.
"I have had direct experience of inexplicable sounds and visions while filming. However, I also have a healthy sceptical side, which has been developed.
"I'll always look for a logical explanation first, such as checking for open windows in particularly cold areas.
"I have become a lot braver, although I'm still a wimp when it comes to horror films."
n Yvette Fielding's Ghosts is available to buy, priced ?29.99, from next week.
We have copies of the game to give away, however. To be in with a chance of winning, answer this question - who presents Most Haunted together with Derek Acorah?
Send your answers on the coupon below to: Most haunted Competition, Promotions Department, Shields Gazette, Chapter Row, South Shields, NE33 1BL, to arrive by next Wednesday.

By CHRIS ROBINSON
christopher.robinson@northeast-press.co.uk

26 May 2006

My Twitter Page
Old 05-27-2006, 06:01 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Sounds neat !!!!!
Last night's eppy of MH "Somerleyton Hall" was totally cool !!!! I wished they would run Season 7 eppys !!!!
Old 05-27-2006, 06:06 AM
Member of the Board

My Mood:

They will. Travel Channel airing the episodes in order. Season 7 will be coming soon.

Last night was awesome!

My Twitter Page
Old 05-27-2006, 06:22 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IySoD...and%20Saunders

You have to watch this !!!!! It's French and Saunders busting on "Most Haunted". It's hilarious !!!!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Staff Magazine Editor
Staff Magazine Editor

There, there, Greg. MH is still a fun and entertaining show, but since you like the ghostly things you may want to check out Sci Fi channel's Ghost Hunters. They set out to debunk hauntings so when they do get evidence (including apparitions and poltergeist activity) on film, you know it's paranormal. Check it out. You can also check out their website and look at their captured footage - it'll ease the sting of the O'Keefe interview re. Acorah.

www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Miss Whimsey