Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Main Floor: Are You Being Served? > AYBS Central

AYBS Central For all things Are You Being Served!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-09-2017, 03:07 AM
spoonme's Avatar
spoonme spoonme is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 2,827
My Mood:
Default New Characters

If you could invent new characters to add to the show, what would they be?

I would have liked to have seen Mr Rumbold with a male secretary - it would have confused everyone and given the women and Wilberforce someone to crush on.
__________________
"It will ride up with wear"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2017, 06:40 AM
Red Shadow's Avatar
Red Shadow Red Shadow is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 18,930
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonme View Post
If you could invent new characters to add to the show, what would they be?

I would have liked to have seen Mr Rumbold with a male secretary - it would have confused everyone and given the women and Wilberforce someone to crush on.
I like that idea. Maybe YMG could promote Rumbold's female secretary to be his own secretary and then give him a male secretary as a filler.
__________________
I was in the navy...for a week or two.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-2017, 01:09 AM
spoonme's Avatar
spoonme spoonme is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 2,827
My Mood:
Default

I was thinking they could have added Mrs Axelby in later years but I think that would of made a better spin off for Mrs Slocombe - two old lushes down the pub having adventures. Or they start a PI company together.
__________________
"It will ride up with wear"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-10-2017, 02:28 AM
Greg WibblyWobbly's Avatar
Greg WibblyWobbly Greg WibblyWobbly is offline
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 99,471
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly
Default

I think we should have a transsexual character and then change all the male characters into female characters and all the female characters into cross dressers to cater to "today's audience". Let's throw in that every character be in a gay and interracial relationship and top it off with the Young Mr. Grace character having a huge pustulous boil on his neck that no one can joke about because someone in the vile audience might get offended.
__________________
**************************************
Grand Poobah of All Wibbly's Everywhere !!!!
Visit my site for AYBS? Wallpapers, Screensavers, Games and more !
.................................................. .............................
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-10-2017, 06:47 AM
Red Shadow's Avatar
Red Shadow Red Shadow is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 18,930
My Mood:
Default

I'm detecting some sarcasm in Greg's post.

Spoonme, I do like the idea of Mrs. Axelby joining the cast, at least on occasion.
__________________
I was in the navy...for a week or two.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-10-2017, 09:04 AM
walleye117's Avatar
walleye117 walleye117 is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,524
My Mood:
Default

How about a up and coming junior maintenance guy who shows Mr Harman up all the time, and undermines him, such as sabotaging the the display units like Pussy Boots............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................Or Do we??????????????????????????????
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-11-2017, 01:55 AM
Greg WibblyWobbly's Avatar
Greg WibblyWobbly Greg WibblyWobbly is offline
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 99,471
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye117 View Post
How about a up and coming junior maintenance guy who shows Mr Harman up all the time, and undermines him, such as sabotaging the the display units like Pussy Boots............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................Or Do we??????????????????????????????
__________________
**************************************
Grand Poobah of All Wibbly's Everywhere !!!!
Visit my site for AYBS? Wallpapers, Screensavers, Games and more !
.................................................. .............................
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:09 AM
coldtap coldtap is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,429
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye117 View Post
How about a up and coming junior maintenance guy who shows Mr Harman up all the time, and undermines him, such as sabotaging the the display units like Pussy Boots............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..........................Or Do we??????????????????????????????
The display units are already pretty self-sabotaging, I don't know what else could be done to them.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-11-2017, 03:04 PM
sonosun's Avatar
sonosun sonosun is offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 61,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtap View Post
The display units are already pretty self-sabotaging, I don't know what else could be done to them.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-11-2017, 08:55 PM
walleye117's Avatar
walleye117 walleye117 is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,524
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtap View Post
The display units are already pretty self-sabotaging, I don't know what else could be done to them.
Harmon seem to have to re calibrate some of them, then present them and made him look like he didn't know what he was doing. Are we sure there wasn't someone sabotaging them and not self sabotaging?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-12-2017, 12:28 AM
spoonme's Avatar
spoonme spoonme is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 2,827
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg WibblyWobbly View Post
I think we should have a transsexual character and then change all the male characters into female characters and all the female characters into cross dressers to cater to "today's audience". Let's throw in that every character be in a gay and interracial relationship and top it off with the Young Mr. Grace character having a huge pustulous boil on his neck that no one can joke about because someone in the vile audience might get offended.
And you could play the Cockney black disabled lesbian.
__________________
"It will ride up with wear"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-12-2017, 12:31 AM
spoonme's Avatar
spoonme spoonme is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 2,827
My Mood:
Default

I like the idea of Shirley having a twin sister (played also by Wendy) who works in another department and they have a big rivalry because Shirley kept stealing her men.
__________________
"It will ride up with wear"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-12-2017, 01:47 AM
Greg WibblyWobbly's Avatar
Greg WibblyWobbly Greg WibblyWobbly is offline
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 99,471
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonme View Post
And you could play the Cockney black disabled lesbian.
If you want me to play the Black Lesbian Cockney who's disabled I will but mind you I shall want extra for character work.
__________________
**************************************
Grand Poobah of All Wibbly's Everywhere !!!!
Visit my site for AYBS? Wallpapers, Screensavers, Games and more !
.................................................. .............................
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-13-2017, 04:40 AM
sonosun's Avatar
sonosun sonosun is offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 61,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonme View Post
I like the idea of Shirley having a twin sister (played also by Wendy) who works in another department and they have a big rivalry because Shirley kept stealing her men.
Think about Lucas meeting Shirley's twin at Grace Brothers with no knowledge of her existence and her coming on to him.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-13-2017, 07:11 AM
spoonme's Avatar
spoonme spoonme is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 2,827
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonosun View Post
Think about Lucas meeting Shirley's twin at Grace Brothers with no knowledge of her existence and her coming on to him.
Comedy gold!
__________________
"It will ride up with wear"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-13-2017, 07:12 AM
spoonme's Avatar
spoonme spoonme is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading UK
Posts: 2,827
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg WibblyWobbly View Post
If you want me to play the Black Lesbian Cockney who's disabled I will but mind you I shall want extra for character work.
You will do it for free and like it.
__________________
"It will ride up with wear"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-14-2017, 01:40 AM
Greg WibblyWobbly's Avatar
Greg WibblyWobbly Greg WibblyWobbly is offline
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 99,471
My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly
Default

__________________
**************************************
Grand Poobah of All Wibbly's Everywhere !!!!
Visit my site for AYBS? Wallpapers, Screensavers, Games and more !
.................................................. .............................
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-14-2017, 08:01 PM
coldtap coldtap is offline
Member of the Board
Member of the Board
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,429
My Mood:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonosun View Post
Think about Lucas meeting Shirley's twin at Grace Brothers with no knowledge of her existence and her coming on to him.
That's classic AYBS!

There'd have to be lots of appearances and exits in and out of the dressig rooms and the lifts.

And Slocombe and Peacock would both see the twin in action and be shirty with the real Miss Brahms, who would have no clue why. Meanwhile Lucas keeps winking and blowing her kisses across the floor.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:56 PM
sonosun's Avatar
sonosun sonosun is offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 61,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtap View Post
That's classic AYBS!

There'd have to be lots of appearances and exits in and out of the dressig rooms and the lifts.

And Slocombe and Peacock would both see the twin in action and be shirty with the real Miss Brahms, who would have no clue why. Meanwhile Lucas keeps winking and blowing her kisses across the floor.
Very nice.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:58 PM
sonosun's Avatar
sonosun sonosun is offline
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sunny Arizona
Posts: 61,210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonme View Post
You will do it for free and like it.
Had you spoken to Greg like that in the first place he wouldn't have asked for anything else.
__________________




Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.