Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > The Lobby > Information Desk

Information Desk Get the latest forum rules, news, and information here

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator

My Mood:
Default Downloading AYBS & Other Programs From the Web

A friendly reminder that any and all discussions of where/how to download AYBS from the web are NOT allowed at the forum. Posts will be edited or deleted as necessary without warning.

AYBS, AYBS?A and AYBS - The Movie are all available commercially and so downloading them would make the BBC mad...and remember, we always want to keep the BBC as happy as possible because they own the copyrights to AYBS and hopefully will continue to license out AYBS to PBS stations, release more Britcoms on DVD and let us continue to let us have our websites.

So please buy the tapes or DVDs, or catch the episodes on television.

The BBC does visit my website including this forum on a regular basis, so rest assured nothing will stay secret from them for long.

What you do elsewhere on the Internet is not my business...and with some of you, I don't even want to know . I only care about what you do here.

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:12 AM
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator

My Mood:

I want to add that the forum restriction applies to other (non-AYBS) programs as well, regardless of whether they are commercially available. If you really want to find them on the web, you can search Google and take your legal risks.

Addendum (8/2008): With regards to YouTube links, both AYBS-related and otherwise: a growing amount of YouTube's content is now endorsed (directly or indirectly) by copyright holders. While in some cases it's obvious they've endorsed the content being posted, in others it is not...and for me to play detective with many thousands of YouTube clips is beyond my capacity. It's also not my place to do as YouTube is not my website. Therefore, I leave it to YouTube to determine the legality of their content, and all jokes about presumptions aside, I will presume that if it's on YouTube, it's legal and allowed content...at least legal and allowed at the present time.

As far as the forum goes, this means that posting YouTube links is allowed.

However, I do ask that members use their discretion when choosing which links to share--if something is clearly illegal (e.g., a known DVD rip), then do not share it here. Ideally, report it to YouTube...but again, I don't care what you do elsewhere on the web--I only care about what you do here

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!

Last edited by minki; 06-06-2007 at 06:14 AM.
Closed Thread