Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Main Floor: Are You Being Served? > AYBS Central

AYBS Central For all things Are You Being Served!

Old 12-21-2017, 12:44 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:
Default What you'd like to see in a Xmas episode

I wish there'd been another Christmas episode like "Christmas Crackers". It's so warm n fuzzy and always makes me happy, no matter what time of year I watch it.

What and WHO would be in your ideal Christmas episode? You don't have to think up a plot, but maybe there are some situations or interactions you'd like to see.

Food? Booze? Costumes? New products or sales ideas? Some crisis that has to be solved before Christmas can happen at Grace Bros?

Using Christmas Eve or Boxing Day or even New Year's would still fit the bill, I think. It just has to be the "special" episode that the BBC airs at the end of the year to make the viewers feel festive.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:52 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Simply .... I would have just loved to see one of their Christmas Parties. Everyone drunk and after each other.
Set it up the day after and some incident occurs so they have to relive the night before through surveillance camera footage
.................................................. .............................
Old 12-21-2017, 06:58 AM
formerly marthajgav
Member of the Board

My Mood:

and See Captain Peacock do his "Man in the Iron Mask" imitation
Old 12-21-2017, 10:54 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Since you mentioned New Year's Eve, it would be fun to see the staff at a New Year's Eve celebration. That would make for a fun on location episode. How much does each person drink, and how goofy do they act? Who kisses who at the stroke of midnight?
Old 12-22-2017, 01:17 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Stableforth View Post
and See Captain Peacock do his "Man in the Iron Mask" imitation
.................................................. .............................
Old 12-22-2017, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
Since you mentioned New Year's Eve, it would be fun to see the staff at a New Year's Eve celebration. That would make for a fun on location episode. How much does each person drink, and how goofy do they act? Who kisses who at the stroke of midnight?
I can see as if I am there just to one side of the potted plant. The clock's Big Hand barely starts it's motion towards the numerals denoting 12 Midnight. When Shirley grabs him with both hands and kisses James Dick.....Lucas.

Old 12-23-2017, 06:47 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Christmas Crackers I think is in everyone's top 5 episodes. I think I agree with Greg on seeing one of their Christmas parties. Capt Peacock digging out the Lamange. Who actually Capt Peacock is Blow Tickling....

I really like the song and costumes at the end it brings the whole episode together and everyone forgets their differences, and enjoys in the joyous occasion.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:01 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

I can see a Boxing Day episode in which the management decrees the floor staff will give presents to the cleaners and packing/maintenance workers in an attempt to decrease tension between them.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:08 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Old 12-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Old 12-25-2017, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

In a rare move Young Mr Grace gives the entire staff of Grace Brothers a resort Christmas Holiday. Due to late booking various Departments are sent to different resorts. With some individuals being sent with other Departments. Our lot travel to Lost Mountain Ski Resort. Due to a Blizzard the staff are forced to find entertainment indoors. Captain Peacock and Mr Spooner set up a tanning salon with Sun Lamps. For the ladies. The ladies prefer a Bridge Tournament. An appearence by handsome Mr Moore from from Lawn and Garden have the ladies and Mr Hunphries in titters. Throughout it all a recurring power outage causes comedy mayhem.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:50 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Sonosun has come up with the goods! I think that would make a great on-location Christmas special.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:40 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

I agree

It's bedtime and Spooner thinks Miss Lively from Kitchenware. In the dark there is a lot of "Oohing" and "Ahhing" then the lights come on and Humphries' head pops up from under the blankets.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:49 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonosun View Post
In a rare move Young Mr Grace gives the entire staff of Grace Brothers a resort Christmas Holiday. Due to late booking various Departments are sent to different resorts. With some individuals being sent with other Departments. Our lot travel to Lost Mountain Ski Resort. Due to a Blizzard the staff are forced to find entertainment indoors. Captain Peacock and Mr Spooner set up a tanning salon with Sun Lamps. For the ladies. The ladies prefer a Bridge Tournament. An appearence by handsome Mr Moore from from Lawn and Garden have the ladies and Mr Hunphries in titters. Throughout it all a recurring power outage causes comedy mayhem.

So the other depts get mixed up but our lot don't? Fair enough. I really like the blizzard idea. I'm seeing Mrs Slocombe and Peacock setting off into the snow in those snow shoes - you know the ones that look like tennis racquets? Maybe they're going hunting for food. Somehow Peacock accidentally wakes up a bear and they get chased back to the cabin. Peacock, in his usual cowardly fashion, gets there first and slams the door shut behind him, leaving Mrs Slocombe with the bear.

One of the others, probably Miss Brahms, yells at him and opens the door for Mrs Slocombe, who we see bravely fighting the bear (which is a man in a bear suit) with her umbrella. She pokes it in the stomach with the umbrella point and escapes.

As she stands panting at the door, Humphries commends her on the umbrella jab, Mrs Slocombe says it comes in handy sometimes at the pub, Miss Brahms says, "Yes, and that's how she got away from Mr Inchman of Toiletries last Christmas." Humphries says, "Oh, I noticed he suddenly developed a limp."

Meanwhile handsome Mr Moore has been staring, transfixed, at Betty. He's seeing her in a new - romantic - light. He ushers her to the sofa and gives her brandy for the shock. I don't know what happens after that.

It wouldn't even have to cost the BBC very much. It could all be done with simple sets, fake snow and a man in a bear suit.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:55 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Or - how about they all get trapped somewhere, as sonosun suggests. But Mrs Slocombe and Miss Brahms find themselves competing with Miss Cumlosi and her sexy junior, for the attentions of - someone.

Or Mr Grace sends them all to his family castle (long uninhabited) and there are hijinx with mischievous ghosts. Sometimes the ghosts are Lucas and Humphries, sometimes they're real. The one bright spot for them is that they find a secret cellar and have unlimited booze. (Of course YMG has already removed all the wine from the main cellar.)

Last edited by coldtap; 12-26-2017 at 05:57 AM.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:17 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Great suggestions, everyone!
Old 12-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtap View Post
Or - how about they all get trapped somewhere, as sonosun suggests. But Mrs Slocombe and Miss Brahms find themselves competing with Miss Cumlosi and her sexy junior, for the attentions of - someone.

Or Mr Grace sends them all to his family castle (long uninhabited) and there are hijinx with mischievous ghosts. Sometimes the ghosts are Lucas and Humphries, sometimes they're real. The one bright spot for them is that they find a secret cellar and have unlimited booze. (Of course YMG has already removed all the wine from the main cellar.)
Ghosts and spirits in the same place.