Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Main Floor: Are You Being Served? > AYBS Central

AYBS Central For all things Are You Being Served!

Old 03-07-2017, 03:57 PM
Floorwalker Supreme
Member of the Board

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to offthefloor Send a message via Yahoo to offthefloor

Frank: Peacock...Peacock, given Frank sleeps with pretty much half the characters and needs to have charm Rumbold as Frank would be a total bust. Plus Peacock has worn drag before

Janet: Miss Brahms

Brad: Lucas

Columbia: Humphries...however the implied romance between Columbia and Frank is removed due to Peacocks objections

Magenta: Mrs Slocombe

Riff Raff: Rumbold...fits perfectly he's already bald

Rocky: Miss Hearst...due to Mr.Grace refusing to watch something with a mostly naked man in it and Peacock feeling his masculinity is threatened demands Rocky have the name changed to Rachel and Miss Hearst assumes the role..to the disgust of Mrs. Slocombe and the Jealously of Miss Brahms.

Eddie: Mr. Walpole....to the joy of Humphries given the history of his and Mr Walpoles character he demands private rehearsing of hot patootie in the men's changing room
Old 03-07-2017, 04:32 PM
Floorwalker Supreme
Member of the Board

My Mood:

As a continuation to my post all is reasonably well with our beloved staff until Miss Brahms sees the original movie and objects to having to be intimate with Peacock and Miss Hearst. She also cannot master the lyrics to her and lucas's song.

Mrs Slocombe is furious at being cast as the maid, and the idea is rumbold as her brother feeling he was better as her husband...which isn't saying much. She also objects to Peacock getting to be with both Miss Hearst and Miss Brahms calling it disgusting..however volunteers to be Janet when Miss Brahms objects. Mr Humphries also volunteers to be Janet.

Lucas objects to the seduction of Brad, and feels frank should be played by Miss Bakewell, Humphries then volunteers to be Frank.

Rumbold doesn't understand the script at all and cannot understand the time warp...Mr Grainger, who hasn't been cast...offers to take the role of Riff Raff as Mrs. Slocombe is much closer to his own age then Rumbold (fish eye)

Humphries is the only one happy and volunteers to make it a one man show with himself as all the parts..with Mr.Walpole as both Rocky and Eddie and filling in on the rest of the intimate scenes....at which point Mr Grace scraps the whole idea.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:44 PM
Night and Day
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Rusty Goffe as the head Transylvanian.
Reg Dixon as Dr. Everet Scott.
Mr. Tebbs as the narrator.
Joanna Lumley as Magenta.
Ferdy Mayne as Riff Raff.
Miss Belfridge as Columbia.
Stephanie Gathercole as Janet.
Mr. Spooner as Brad.
Mr. Mash as Eddie.
Miss Brahms as Frankenfurter.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:59 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldtap View Post
Greg, I think Mr Walpole as Rocky is an inspired choice and I'll agree with most of your others, especially Humphries as Columbia because he could pull off the dancing.

But I'm still going for Peacock as Frank. He's got the legs for the stockings and heels, and the slim torso for the corsets. And the rampant sexuality that would enable him to seduce both Brad and Janet in the same night.

Harmon as Riff Raff. He's creepy and likes to spoil his superiors' fun, just as Riff Raff does at the end.

Rumbold is an obvious Eddie. We saw him looking very comfortable in leathers in Grace and Favour and discovered his youthful delinquent activities. Plus he's the only one with a voice that could hope to sing a song originally (in movie terms) sung by Meatloaf.
I like the suggestion of Rumbold as Eddie. I initially had Rumbold as Frank because of Fox network putting a black woman in there.
I did my damndest to keep Harman anywhere near this one. God I hate that man !

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthefloor View Post
Frank: Peacock...Peacock, given Frank sleeps with pretty much half the characters and needs to have charm Rumbold as Frank would be a total bust. Plus Peacock has worn drag before

Janet: Miss Brahms

Brad: Lucas

Columbia: Humphries...however the implied romance between Columbia and Frank is removed due to Peacocks objections

Magenta: Mrs Slocombe

Riff Raff: Rumbold...fits perfectly he's already bald

Rocky: Miss Hearst...due to Mr.Grace refusing to watch something with a mostly naked man in it and Peacock feeling his masculinity is threatened demands Rocky have the name changed to Rachel and Miss Hearst assumes the role..to the disgust of Mrs. Slocombe and the Jealously of Miss Brahms.

Eddie: Mr. Walpole....to the joy of Humphries given the history of his and Mr Walpoles character he demands private rehearsing of hot patootie in the men's changing room
You have to realize that the staff can object all they want but if they want the part the have to go with it. Call it a "Crazy alternate universe" were the staff goes along with all this willingly.
I like the suggestions except for Rocky being turned into a woman because that goes along the lines of Fox being wrong with turning Frank into a woman because they never were women. I'd object just as much if Magenta now sported berries and a twig. It 'taint right.

This idea of Peacock of as Frank is making more and more sense. When Aidan was here on the board, she used to always allude to the fact that there was sexual tension between Humphries and Peacock and that was the reason Peacock put up this front all the time.

.................................................. .............................
Old 03-08-2017, 05:33 AM
formerly marthajgav
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Old 03-08-2017, 05:52 AM
Floorwalker Supreme
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg WibblyWobbly View Post

You have to realize that the staff can object all they want but if they want the part the have to go with it. Call it a "Crazy alternate universe" were the staff goes along with all this willingly.
I like the suggestions except for Rocky being turned into a woman because that goes along the lines of Fox being wrong with turning Frank into a woman because they never were women. I'd object just as much if Magenta now sported berries and a twig. It 'taint right.

This idea of Peacock of as Frank is making more and more sense. When Aidan was here on the board, she used to always allude to the fact that there was sexual tension between Humphries and Peacock and that was the reason Peacock put up this front all the time.
while I get what you are saying you can't throw out the staff's personalities to suit Rocky Horror. Half the fun of an episode like this would be everything I described above, all the staff losing it over what their characters do in the movie and refusing to do it all together. In saying they have to go along with it you're doing what Fox did to rocky Horror, forcing your view on the characters by making the staff fit your vision.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:05 AM
formerly marthajgav
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Old 03-08-2017, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
As a continuation to my post all is reasonably well with our beloved staff until Miss Brahms sees the original movie and objects to having to be intimate with Peacock and Miss Hearst. She also cannot master the lyrics to her and lucas's song.

Mrs Slocombe is furious at being cast as the maid, and the idea is rumbold as her brother feeling he was better as her husband...which isn't saying much. She also objects to Peacock getting to be with both Miss Hearst and Miss Brahms calling it disgusting..however volunteers to be Janet when Miss Brahms objects. Mr Humphries also volunteers to be Janet.

Lucas objects to the seduction of Brad, and feels frank should be played by Miss Bakewell, Humphries then volunteers to be Frank.

Rumbold doesn't understand the script at all and cannot understand the time warp...Mr Grainger, who hasn't been cast...offers to take the role of Riff Raff as Mrs. Slocombe is much closer to his own age then Rumbold (fish eye)

Humphries is the only one happy and volunteers to make it a one man show with himself as all the parts..with Mr.Walpole as both Rocky and Eddie and filling in on the rest of the intimate scenes....at which point Mr Grace scraps the whole idea.
Very nice offthefloor

Old 03-08-2017, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Peacock's Carnation View Post
Rusty Goffe as the head Transylvanian.
Reg Dixon as Dr. Everet Scott.
Mr. Tebbs as the narrator.
Joanna Lumley as Magenta.
Ferdy Mayne as Riff Raff.
Miss Belfridge as Columbia.
Stephanie Gathercole as Janet.
Mr. Spooner as Brad.
Mr. Mash as Eddie.
Miss Brahms as Frankenfurter.
Nice!

Old 03-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Quote:
I like the suggestion of Rumbold as Eddie. I initially had Rumbold as Frank because of Fox network putting a black woman in there.
I did my damndest to keep Harman anywhere near this one. God I hate that man !

Greg has spoken

Old 03-09-2017, 02:14 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
while I get what you are saying you can't throw out the staff's personalities to suit Rocky Horror. Half the fun of an episode like this would be everything I described above, all the staff losing it over what their characters do in the movie and refusing to do it all together. In saying they have to go along with it you're doing what Fox did to rocky Horror, forcing your view on the characters by making the staff fit your vision.
True
.................................................. .............................
Old 03-09-2017, 05:49 AM
formerly marthajgav
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Old 09-01-2017, 10:51 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
The only thing more disastrous than Fox's "Rocky Horror Live" with the black chick in it would be Rumbold dawning fishnets and corset to be Frank'N'Furter in the Grace Brothers production of "The Rocky Horror Show"

I don't actually think there could be anything more disastrous than the FOX version!

Oh and me being me - I also have to say that it wasn't live!!! Lol!