Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > The Lobby > Customer Service

Customer Service Help desk and suggestion box

Old 06-26-2011, 07:34 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

Default Amazon Kindle & AYBS Fanfiction

As a Kindle addict, I am thrilled to find that my fanfiction title "Riding the Rails" in the Multimedia Department was extraordinarily EASY to upload onto my Kindle. Now I can read AYBS fiction anywhere! "It's Star Trek!"

In fact, ANY rich text format document or Microsoft Word document is EASY to upload.

If you wish to upload "Riding the Rails," you have my permission to do so. As for other fanfics, please check with the writer first. (Fellow fanfic writers, you might want to post in your fanfic thread whether or not you want to let others do so.) According to the rules, DON'T upload other fanfics without the Server's permission!

As for how you can upload "Riding the Rails" to your Kindle, just:
1. Save the file to your computer.
2. Go to your Kindle Manager on Amazon's website.
3. Click Manage Your Devices on the left.
4. Get your Kindle Email address.
5. Send "Riding the Rails" as an attachment in an Email to that Kindle Email address.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator

My Mood:

I think I should do just that.

I got myself a Kindle not too long ago and love it

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!
Old 07-07-2011, 04:07 PM
I am unanimous in that!
Toy Department

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to sueschmitt

Thanks for that Captain Joe! I have a Kindle as well. I've had an electronic book since like 2000 but its an ETI2. My sister-in-law had subscribed to a monthly plan where I got to pick 2 ebooks a month and it came with the reader. Its been a marvelous reader however, the battery life is not as long as a Kindle's nor is the storage space as large however, it does have one perk that makes up for all that and that is the backlight. I know Kindle doesn't like backlights but I find it handier than dealing with ridiculous clip on lights to the Kindle. I haven't found one yet that I've liked over the years and I venture to say I won't find one now. I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices they want for one of the fancier covers with the light attached. In order to deal with that defect, I read books in bed at night with the ETI2 and the rest is on the Kindle LOL! I had a bad experience with the generation 3's. I had to return two of the for the same issue. It would just shut down for no apparent reason an it always went back to the beginning of the book I was reading. It got so that I would make note of the page number I was on so I could get back to the general area I was at. After that hiccup, I haven't had a bit of trouble with the 3rd reader. I love the reference to Star Trek, another favorite show of mine. Did you know you can also upload your Audible audio books and MP3's to the Kindle?
Old 07-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

Yes, I downloaded a few audiobooks (mostly comedy things) and an MP3 or too, but the MP3 thing is pretty pointless with the Kindle. Audiobooks seem to be a poor use of the Kindle, but work well when you need them.