Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > The Lobby > Customer Service > How-To File

How-To File Instructions for how to do various things at the forum

Old 11-02-2007, 12:03 PM
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator

My Mood:
Default How To: Having problems staying logged into the forum

If you are having problems staying logged in, the following steps will fix the problem 98% of the time.

1. Log out of the forum--be sure you can see the "You have been logged out" message.

2. Clear your browser's cache and delete any minki.net cookies.

3. Make sure your browser is set to accept cookies from minki.net (look under your browser's Options settings).

4. Check your browser's security settings. High may prevent you from staying logged into the forum, so lower your settings to at least Medium-High or Medium. If you are unable or unwilling to do that, then you could http://www.minki.net to your Trusted Sites list.

5. Close your browser.

6. Restart your computer. While it's rebooting, get a cup of coffee/tea/whatever your poison is.

8. When you've finished restarting, open your browser.

9. Log back into the forum, making sure that "Remember Me" is checked.

10. If that list doesn't work, try it again but with a different internet browser (i.e., if you were using Internet Explorer, try Netscape).

11. If it still doesn't work, drop me a message and let me know. But I'll bet you it does work

Notes:
  • Please note that if you have changed your username, e-mail address and/or password, you are automatically logged out and have to log back in with your new info. If you've changed your e-mail address, you will need to validate your new e-mail address before you are able to post again.
  • If your operating system has the ability for multiple user accounts, make sure that you're signed into your account, as cookies and browser settings aren't shared between accounts.
  • Cookies have a life span, so if it's been several months since you logged in, the cookie might have expired.
  • There is no step 7 in that list.
  • Last, whenever I make upgrades to the forum, there is a chance that your cookie will no longer be valid and you'll have to log in again.

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator

My Mood:

Please note that this fix should also apply to most "Permission Denied" errors. Sometimes life just hands your browser a bad cookie

But just as if you have repeated login problems, if you have repeated "Permission Denied" problems, please let me know that--also let me know exactly where you encounter them and what you were doing at the time.

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!