Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > The Lobby > Customer Service

Customer Service Help desk and suggestion box

Old 02-24-2009, 02:26 PM
Antipodean scoundrel
Upper Middle Management

My Mood:
Default in a word

Kia ora

This isn't meant as a major complaint, but I am wondering if it would be possible to move the now very large number of "in a word" threads to the Games area rather than in AYBS Central. I have AYBS Central bookmarked and when I log in and see the page full of games threads... well I don't find these threads at all interesting. I am interested in discussing the show but these threads don't really lead to any discussion.

I know others like them and great if you do, and I wouldn't mind if it was just one or two threads. But it looks like some people are posting a word a day in all of them - and good on you if that's what you like to do. But it just so dominates what to me is the "front page" of the forums.

Thanks for considering this - I would rather everyone could see this but I understand why would might want some suggestions to be considered in private. Just like the suggestions in the real AYBS box! :-)
Old 02-24-2009, 04:05 PM
AYBS Scholar
Member of the Board

My Mood:

I agree with Dean on this now that he pointed this out. I noticed that myself and I'm sure it will apply to the ones I've posted since they are "gamey" in nature as well.

But then again the main area would be a great location for these "low level" gamey threads so when the main forum area gets slow-so to speak-there is still lots of activity there via these types of threads until posters can get some more info to get moving again.

Marlies

Last edited by John Inman Fan; 02-24-2009 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 02:29 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

While these "In A Word" threads are not your normal threads they are also not classified as "games" or such. They do liven up the main area when not much is really going on. Members are free to start new threads or answer ones already started in order to keep conversations fresh as the "In A Word" shouldn't interfer with this. The "In A Word" threads usually don't last long and filter their way down to the bottom of the page when people can't think of anything else to post.
.................................................. .............................
Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Antipodean scoundrel
Upper Middle Management

My Mood:

I think they're a game in that the thread is about an individual trying to think up an appropriate word rather than encouraging any conversation or interaction, which is why we come here. To me they seem the opposite of livening up the forum because they are "one-way" threads. People think up a word and post it, you don't have to think about what anyone else is saying.

On whether they filter down, all I can say is I've been logging in daily and they seem to have been up top for the past couple of months.

Still, just a friendly suggestion... and yes I suppose I should dream up some fresh thread ideas, fair point.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:21 PM
Pacific Standard Mink
Administrator

My Mood:

Fair enough suggestion, Dean I'll keep it in mind for the future, should the "In A Word" threads still be high-traffic. I think they're pretty played out but I'll see where they are in a couple of weeks and like Greg said, there's still a whole forum there to post in.

And no pork pies in the Suggestion box, please--just like the real one

Being held prisoner by newborn. Send help! Or send more wine!