Are You Being Served...and More!  

Go Back   Are You Being Served...and More! > Main Floor: Are You Being Served? > Are You Being Served? Again

Are You Being Served? Again Talk about the staff's life at Millstone Manor

Old 05-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Hardware and DIY
Hardware and DIY

My Mood:
Default Season 3

There may be a thread about this already but what would you have liked to have seen in a third season? Some of my ideas are:

-Mr. Spooner coming to stay at Millstone as a break from his highly successful singing career. The fact that he's rich and famous while the others aren't would be a point of tension. He'd also have tension with Captain Peacock over Miss Lovelock
-Mr. Lucas coming to the manor but I'm not sure what the plot of that one might be (again he'd chase Miss Lovelock).
-A village fair where the Millstone crew man booths and attractions. Mavis' Kissing Booth would show up and Malcolm would catch Mr. Humphries near it

More ideas to come as I think of them
Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Some good ideas there. Maybe Mr. Spooner and his crew could descend on Millstone Manor to record a video to go along with his latest hit. Miss Brahms could be cast in the video, Mrs. Slocombe could try desperately to be in the video, and Mr. Humphries could fall in love with the camera man.
Old 05-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Hardware and DIY
Hardware and DIY

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
Some good ideas there. Maybe Mr. Spooner and his crew could descend on Millstone Manor to record a video to go along with his latest hit. Miss Brahms could be cast in the video, Mrs. Slocombe could try desperately to be in the video, and Mr. Humphries could fall in love with the camera man.
I like it. I wonder how the Moulterds would react such a plot?
Old 05-31-2017, 01:51 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Shadow View Post
.................................................. .............................
Old 05-30-2017, 12:50 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

That would have been great to see Mr Spooner or Mr Lucas. Both coming back as rich and rubbing it in to the people who were above them.

I can here Mrs Slocombe saying " That's the problem now days. All the wrong people have the money"!
Old 05-30-2017, 06:04 PM
Hardware and DIY
Hardware and DIY

My Mood:

This would be a fun episode: a cross over with Keeping Up Appearances. Richard and Hyacynth could come for yet another proper weekend in the country but her extended family would also show up. Heck, even just having Hyacinth there would be fun.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servedfan29 View Post
This would be a fun episode: a cross over with Keeping Up Appearances. Richard and Hyacynth could come for yet another proper weekend in the country but her extended family would also show up. Heck, even just having Hyacinth there would be fun.

You know I think the show would have taken off and Grace and Favor would have lasted a lot longer if they did it like the Love Boat. Have the show focus more on the Clients and their problems and have the staff more in the back ground as filler.
Old 06-04-2017, 01:43 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to Greg WibblyWobbly Send a message via Yahoo to Greg WibblyWobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye117 View Post
You know I think the show would have taken off and Grace and Favor would have lasted a lot longer if they did it like the Love Boat. Have the show focus more on the Clients and their problems and have the staff more in the back ground as filler.
.................................................. .............................
Old 06-04-2017, 05:38 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye117 View Post
Interesting. I'd like to see some of those episodes.
Old Today, 07:03 PM
Novelty Candles
Novelty Candles

My Mood:

Quote:
I like it.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

A lot of good ideas.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:42 PM
Hardware and DIY
Hardware and DIY

My Mood:

The Spooner video one made me think of this. How about trying to attract custom to Millstone with a homemade commercial? This time Miss Lovelock could loose the microphone LOL
Old 06-01-2017, 05:25 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:
The Spooner video one made me think of this. How about trying to attract custom to Millstone with a homemade commercial? This time Miss Lovelock could loose the microphone LOL
I think that has definite possibilities!
Old 06-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Hardware and DIY
Hardware and DIY

My Mood:

Oh and of course season three needs a "performance episode" like the first two (the harvest dance and the cultural disaster, I mean display). Perhaps a play this time? Since they are in the country, perhaps they could try a live version of Mr. Harmonds story from "It Pays to Advertise."

Here's another idea. A famous playwright comes to Millstone and they are fawning all over him both for tips and hopefully return visits in the future. They even agree to put on a short skit of his for the guests and to try to promote his career. However, he has been eavesdropping on the staff telling stories of the old days and he shocks them with a small play about a store called "Are You Being Served?" Actually, now that I think of it, that could be a multipart story; end episode one with the name of the play being revealed and their reactions. The next episode is the rehearsal and performance.

Last edited by Servedfan29; 06-07-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:33 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

Quote:
Oh and of course season three needs a "performance episode" like the first two (the harvest dance and the cultural disaster, I mean display). Perhaps a play this time? Since they are in the country, perhaps they could try a live version of Mr. Harmonds story from "It Pays to Advertise."
You mean "Calling All Customers" don't you ?
Old 06-08-2017, 01:40 PM
Hardware and DIY
Hardware and DIY

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg WibblyWobbly View Post
You mean "Calling All Customers" don't you ?
Indeed. Oopsie
Old 06-09-2017, 01:40 AM
Lord of all in Serverdom
Super Moderator

My Mood:

No problem
Old 06-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Quote:

Here's another idea. A famous playwright comes to Millstone and they are fawning all over him both for tips and hopefully return visits in the future. They even agree to put on a short skit of his for the guests and to try to promote his career. However, he has been eavesdropping on the staff telling stories of the old days and he shocks them with a small play about a store called "Are You Being Served?" Actually, now that I think of it, that could be a multipart story; end episode one with the name of the play being revealed and their reactions. The next episode is the rehearsal and performance.
I like it!! I like it!!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:46 AM
Hardware and DIY
Hardware and DIY

My Mood:

I'm not sure why this would happen but I keep getting ideas for a camping trip. Like "Camping In" but actually out in the woods. More tent confusion could occur and possibly the staff becoming afraid of things that go bump in the night. Maybe an animal prowling nearby and they think it's worse than it is. Oh and Malcolm Heathcliffe could come hiking by and catch Humphries near Mavis's tent. Of course, she might expect to sleep in his tent.

One interesting dilemma: I can't decide if Miss Lovelock would be complaining/trying to get super comfy in a tent or trailer or if she'd actually be a skilled camper.

Last edited by Servedfan29; 06-22-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Member of the Board
Member of the Board

My Mood:

Servedfan, you should have written for the show. You have some excellent ideas.