PDA

View Full Version : Ab Fab anyone ?????

Greg WibblyWobbly
06-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Anyone else out there as nuts for this show as I am ??????
Sweetie Dahlings.... Tell us what you think about the show !!!!

sonosun
06-08-2005, 08:09 PM
I do like AbFab ,but I am not as nuts about it as GregWW is.

Greg WibblyWobbly
06-09-2005, 01:54 AM
Jen Saunders is a fantastic writer and love her as Eddie !!! This would be under AYBS? in the list of my favorite Brit Coms.

Old Mr. Grace
06-09-2005, 05:23 AM
I love Ab Fab. I used to watch it every Saturday afternoon on Comedy Central. I heard that the Oxygen network carries it now, but I haven't been able to find it. :(

Greg WibblyWobbly
06-10-2005, 05:20 PM
I recorded the eppy "Birthin" off of Oxygen and thank God I did !!! When it came out on DVD, they cut out the scene where are spoofing "Chicago" that Oxygen left in !!! Copyrights and all that crap.

Goldie
06-14-2005, 04:39 PM
Here I am Greg.. :shake: LOL.. I love AB Fab.. My family thinks I'm strange.. but that's ok.. I am.. :lol: I like the eppy where the kitchen burns and Patsy is still in it, half smoked.. :eek:

Did you know, which I'm sure you do, that the girl who plays Saffy also played on EE?

mrlucasjunior
06-16-2005, 12:45 PM
its fantastic
i love those 2 ladies

Greg WibblyWobbly
06-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Here I am Greg.. :shake: LOL.. I love AB Fab.. My family thinks I'm strange.. but that's ok.. I am.. :lol: I like the eppy where the kitchen burns and Patsy is still in it, half smoked.. :eek:

Did you know, which I'm sure you do, that the girl who plays Saffy also played on EE?

Julia Sawalha was on East Enders ????? What role did she play ???
The eppy in which the kitchen burns and Patsy is still in it, half smoked is called "Birth".

Goldie
06-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Greg, My apologies.. :oops: :oops:

It wasn't Julia Sawahla, it was her sister, Nadia Sawahla that played Annie Palmer on EE.. Sorry..

:oops2:

Greg WibblyWobbly
06-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Greg, My apologies.. :oops: :oops:

It wasn't Julia Sawahla, it was her sister, Nadia Sawahla that played Annie Palmer on EE.. Sorry..

:oops2:

Thanks for the heart palpatations !!!!! :lol2:

Did you know that their Father played the Sheik on the AYBS? Movie ???? :shrug:

Goldie
06-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Greg,
No, I had no idea.. that's very interesting.. :o
Thanks for the info.. :mrgreen:

Greg WibblyWobbly
06-17-2005, 04:31 PM
You are most welcomed Goldie !!!!! :mrgreen:

Goldie
06-21-2005, 12:01 PM
Greg or anyone else.. :D ..

is there any particular eppy or scene that just makes you bust a gut laughing??

Pamela
06-21-2005, 12:27 PM
The plastic surgery one, and the one with Patsy on the back of a motorbike :lol: :eek: :lol:

Greg WibblyWobbly
06-22-2005, 02:02 AM
Greg or anyone else.. :D ..

is there any particular eppy or scene that just makes you bust a gut laughing??

Oh God that's a hard one...... anything from Season 2 (my favorite)... Season 5 gets me to laugh out loud..... When Patsy burns Saffy with her fag always gets me to lol !!!! From Season 3 when Eddie gets Bubbles a mobile phone and Eddies trying to dictate to her from it while Bubbles is supposed to go back to the office and they get too close together and get feedback to the point where Bubbles screams and hands the phone to Eddie always gets me peeing !!!!!! :lol2:

Jeff Humphries
07-03-2005, 06:46 AM
I love Ab Fab too ! Just started getting back into it again. I loved season 5. Anyone else ?

Greg WibblyWobbly
07-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Loved Series 5 !!! Hell of alot better than 4, although I liked 4 too !!!!! Eddie and Patsy were back to their old selves in 5. I loved in "Birthin" when Bo has the "Chicago" hallucination !!! Funny stuff !!!!:lol2:

Jeff Humphries
12-03-2005, 07:05 AM
Really started to get back into AB FAB now. I've been watching the first 3 seasons quite a bit these past few weeks.

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-03-2005, 02:45 PM
WOW !!!!! I just blew the dust off of my Ab Fab's today !!! Scarey dude !!! I'm watching Series 1 right now and Eddy's trying to adopt a Romanian baby !!!! :lol2:

amy2375
12-04-2005, 08:35 AM
I LOVE the episode where they all take a trip to Italy, I think. They spend their whole vacation in a cottage, where there's nothing to do but drink wine and play table tennis! The best is at the end of the episode when they're stopped at customs and the officer finds a bag of white powder which turns out to be "a completely harmless substance."

Patsy: Oh it's not the money Eddy! It's the horrible realization that I must have enjoyed playing table tennis!

Priceless!!!

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-05-2005, 01:52 AM
I LOVE the episode where they all take a trip to Italy, I think. They spend their whole vacation in a cottage, where there's nothing to do but drink wine and play table tennis! The best is at the end of the episode when they're stopped at customs and the officer finds a bag of white powder which turns out to be "a completely harmless substance."

Patsy: Oh it's not the money Eddy! It's the horrible realization that I must have enjoyed playing table tennis!

Priceless!!!

The eppy is "France" and I love it as well. Especially when they are ready to play table tennis and Patsy walks out with huge white rings under her nostrils !!! :lol2: :lol2:

Goldie
12-05-2005, 05:41 AM
On Thanksgiving Day BBCA ran a marathon of Ab Fab.. it was great!! :mrgreen:

amy2375
12-05-2005, 07:56 AM
On Thanksgiving Day BBCA ran a marathon of Ab Fab.. it was great!! :mrgreen:

I watched it all day! It was such a nice surprise to find!!!

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Do they edit anything out on BBCA ???? :shrug:

amy2375
12-08-2005, 09:32 AM

They don't cut anything out....any brit com that I've seen on the channel runs about 40 mins with commercials

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-10-2005, 05:31 AM

They don't cut anything out....any brit com that I've seen on the channel runs about 40 mins with commercials

God I hate commercials !!!!
Thanks for the info Amy !!!!!

amy2375
12-11-2005, 10:52 AM

God I hate commercials !!!!
Thanks for the info Amy !!!!!

No problem....I do what I can! :D

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-12-2005, 01:35 AM
It doesn't seem likely but I really hope that Jen does a Series 6 !!!

Bangers&MrMash
12-13-2005, 03:19 AM
It would be difficult to find a bigger fan of AbFab than myself. I can't get enough of Pats' bitchy comments to Saffy and Gran's interaction with Eddie.
Let's face it, I can't get enough of the entire show, period.

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-14-2005, 01:24 AM
It would be difficult to find a bigger fan of AbFab than myself. I can't get enough of Pats' bitchy comments to Saffy and Gran's interaction with Eddie.

You get a big Amen Brothah B&MM on that one !!!!

What are some of your favorite eppys ???

Bangers&MrMash
12-15-2005, 04:14 AM

You get a big Amen Brothah B&MM on that one !!!!

What are some of your favorite eppys ???

France, Birthday, Hospital, New Best Friend, Door Handle, Sex, Paris, .....

I could go on and on.... dahling.... :P

amy2375
12-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I LOVE hospital and door handle! Too funny!

I can't get enough of Eddie and Pats (and their wardrobes as well)....and I think that Bubbles is hilarious too!

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Hospital - Death - Poor - Sex - Donkey - Small Opening - Huntin' Shootin' Fishing' - Schmoozin - Cold Turkey are my fav's !!!!!

Jeff Humphries
12-17-2005, 06:35 AM
I really loved season 5 myself !

pepper
12-17-2005, 05:14 PM
i really like ab fab when i knew it wa on. these ladies cracked me up everytime. eddie's sparing with ex, trying to play mommy and wishing mom away were hilarious. patsy well what can i say, she was the diva who spoke her mind but looked dead common after a chug and a stud. but i loved her hate relationship with saffi

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-18-2005, 06:46 AM
Pepper - I was flabbergasted by the treatment of Saffy when I first started to watch Ab Fab but then I realized that it was where some of the best laughs were. The one thing that shocked me then and still does to this day is the the last special "White Box" where Eddie slaps Jane.

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-18-2005, 06:47 AM
I really loved season 5 myself !

Best Season since 2 IMO JH !!!! I absolutely love "Cold Turkey" !!! One of my Top 5 Favorites !!!

Jeff Humphries
12-31-2005, 06:59 AM
Hey Wib, BBCA has been running Ab Fab for the past few days !

dazzlestar14
12-31-2005, 09:19 PM
We were playing "TV Scene It" the other day and one of the clues was for the show "Absolutely Fabulous", lol.

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-01-2006, 04:10 AM
A Britcom in a game ?? I have to get this game !!!

AlexDS69
09-24-2006, 09:40 PM
I've seen every ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS episode and special, except what is pretty much the official series finale, WHITE BOX.

From what I heard, Edina gets Bettina to do her kitchen. But Bettina has gone insane since she and Max broke up. What results from the kitchen makeover is a white box that doesn't even have a staircase. Saffron plans to walk down the aisle with John, but she bails out when she learns that he is a polygamist. And when Edina assaults baby Jane/Lola, it is the worst thing that she could have ever done to Saffron, and Saffron kicks out Edina and Patsy.

Does anyone have a more thorough synopsis of WHITE BOX?

Greg WibblyWobbly
09-25-2006, 01:55 AM
That about sums it up pretty much. If "White Box" was a Series finale, then it was a piss poor one. It had it's moments but it wasn't that great.

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-19-2008, 05:06 AM
Fox to redo 'Absolutely Fabulous'
Network taps Zander to adapt Saunders series
By CYNTHIA LITTLETON

Edina and Patsy are ready to take on L.A.
Fox is developing a redo of Jennifer Saunders' enduring Britcom "Absolutely Fabulous," to be exec produced by Mitch Hurwitz, Eric Tannenbaum and Kim Tannenbaum for Sony Pictures TV, Tantamount and BBC Worldwide America.
Christine Zander ("Saturday Night Live") is set to write the script and will exec produce along with the BBC's Ian Moffitt and original series creator Saunders. Fox has given Sony a script order with hefty penalty attached.
The latest attempt at a U.S. rendition of "Ab Fab" will be transplanted to L.A. but retain the basic template of the original, revolving around the friendship of two boozy, over-40 best friends who are desperate to stay hip and youthful and who carry on under the disapproving eye of Edina's teenage daughter, Saffy.
More than a decade ago, Roseanne Barr worked on developing a U.S. version of the show with Carrie Fisher for ABC. CBS' 1995-98 Cybill Shepherd comedy "Cybill" had an "Ab Fab" flavor to it. Another short-lived 1995 sitcom, CBS' "High Society," starring Jean Smart and Mary McDonnell, was a thinly veiled imitation.
Original series starred Saunders and Joanna Lumley. It was a big hit in Britain and successful import for Comedy Central. In the U.K., "Ab Fab" ran as a regular series from 1992-95, with a two-part finale airing in 1996. Saunders and Lumley reunited for further adventures with fresh segs produced in 2001 and 2003.

offthefloor
10-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I finally got to see an eppy of this last night and OMG I was in tears laughing, this show is truly hilarious.

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-20-2008, 01:23 AM
You mean you've never seen Ab Fab before ??? :shock:

offthefloor
11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
You mean you've never seen Ab Fab before ??? :shock:

No I never had...Had heard about it but could never find it on tv and since I didn't have the Dvd's I couldn't get it to watch, but one of my friends here at school has the first couples seasons and I borrowed them from her and really like it...what i have been able to watch so far anyway. This show is hilarious

Greg WibblyWobbly
11-13-2008, 06:24 PM
The Wibster would never steer you wrong buddy. This would be my 2nd favorite britcom !!

Dean
12-20-2008, 04:40 PM
What's your first? :-)

I did recently purchase the Abfab series on DVD after years of only seeing bits and bobs from it. And I found it a bit disappointing... not sure why exactly. I think that in the end I don't really care about any of the characters which means I don't really want to spend hours watching them.

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-21-2008, 04:45 AM

I did recently purchase the Abfab series on DVD after years of only seeing bits and bobs from it. And I found it a bit disappointing... not sure why exactly. I think that in the end I don't really care about any of the characters which means I don't really want to spend hours watching them.

Don't hold back Dean, let us know how you really feel. :lol:

Dean
01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Sorry if I seemed a bit rude... I tend to talk (write?) straight I'm afraid...

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Nothing wrong with that Dean, nothing at all. :thumbup:

CaptainGinger
01-31-2009, 04:49 AM
Love AbFab. Not as keen on the later series, though.

Greg WibblyWobbly
02-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Series 2 and 5 are my two favs.

CaptainGinger
02-03-2009, 09:09 AM
I love the way she says MILK.

Greg WibblyWobbly
02-04-2009, 01:28 AM
Eddy and Patsy at the grocery store is hilarious !

MissRnR
02-15-2009, 04:57 AM
Yes I love this show very much. However I do prefer her work onscreen with Dawn French.

Greg WibblyWobbly
02-17-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm a French and Saunders fan myself. I think it's nice that seperately they made a mark for themselves though.

sanna_o75
03-02-2009, 10:38 AM
LOVE this show. I've seen all seasons and episodes so many times I can't even count, hehe. Eddie is my anti-hero and I, not so secretly, kinda want to be her :lol:

Bionic Grainger
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM

You know - I never could figure out why I couldn't get more excited about watching AbFab. I mean there are many funny moments and the acting is well executed, but????????? Dean has helped make it clear - not only about this show, but others. If I don't care about the characters, the show will not be one that I will become slightly fanatic about - like I am with AYBS and KUA. Thanks Dean for the epiphany!!

Greg WibblyWobbly
03-03-2009, 01:10 AM
LOVE this show. I've seen all seasons and episodes so many times I can't even count, hehe. Eddie is my anti-hero and I, not so secretly, kinda want to be her :lol:

Check out the Ab Fab part of my site. I plan to add more wallies in the upcoming months. Possibly dig out some of my screensavers.

The Green Man
04-05-2009, 09:31 PM
I always loved the irony that the teenage daughter was the responsible one. I had a similar situation growing up.

Greg WibblyWobbly
04-06-2009, 01:14 AM
You honestly wouldn't believe how many people I know like this. The parents are the party'ers and the kids have the commom sense to see what's going on and live the straight and narrow because they don't want to turn out like their parents. :goldie:

Queen Pudding
05-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Gee....I see I'm not the only one who likes Ab Fab!

Greg WibblyWobbly
05-13-2009, 01:27 AM
Love the show ! So much so I have an Ab Fab part of my site. :D

Queen Pudding
05-13-2009, 05:16 AM
I've got to check out your site!!!!!!

Greg WibblyWobbly
05-14-2009, 01:40 AM
Well did you ???

Queen Pudding
05-14-2009, 05:30 AM
Yes....I did Greg....very cool!!!!

Greg WibblyWobbly
05-15-2009, 01:42 AM
Thank you very much. :)

Queen Pudding
05-16-2009, 02:00 PM
Your just plain cool Greg...and you also have the Vicar too!!!

Greg WibblyWobbly
05-17-2009, 03:54 AM
Yeppers ... :yes:

Greg WibblyWobbly
05-25-2009, 04:38 AM
I have to make a confession here. I love this show as we all know it but the last series (which is actually one of my favs) always disturbed me the way Eddie treated Jane, Saffys baby. I thought it was cruel and ignorant.

Then last night while watching it I asked myself "Why would this shock you ?" Looking back at the way Saffy was treated as a child I would say that Jane got off easy.

I think it's the day and age we now live in. Where when your child is taken in to the hospital because of falling down and hitting his head and before you know it you have child abuse charges on you. Where you have to be afraid to even look at your kid the wrong way for the fear of someone thinking your a horrible parent.

I actually allowed the brainwashed, "status quo" way of thinking seep into my head. For a few years there I forgot that 1. Ab Fab is only a telly show and not real in anyway :goldie: 2. This is the way that Eddie would react, like it or not. She's an idiot most of the time so why would being a gran change it ?? It wouldn't, it would only make her selfish attitude on life even worse.

Watching it last night it was like watching the show all over again, anew for the first time. I laughed at things I was shocked at the first time around. WHY ??? Because it's funny and it's not real that's why.

I thought Series 5 was the best since Series 2. I wished that Ms. Saunders would have kept on with it. Sure she's getting old, we all are including the character on the show. Get over it, it happens. I would have much rather seen a Series 6 and a Series 7 then that last piece of crap called "White Box".

Greg WibblyWobbly
03-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Hopefully my new section of Ab Fab on my site will be up and running by next month's update.

UnanimousInThat
10-26-2010, 07:45 AM
a heads-up... Joanna Lumley appears on The Wendy Williams Show today.

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-26-2010, 04:26 PM
a heads-up... Joanna Lumley appears on The Wendy Williams Show today.

Who's Wendy Williams ?? I remember Wendy O. Williams from the Plasmatics (can't be her because she's passed)

UnanimousInThat
10-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Who's Wendy Williams ?? I remember Wendy O. Williams from the Plasmatics (can't be her because she's passed)
Wendy Williams is a media personality who has a talk show that airs daily. BET airs today's show again at midnight so you can check the whole interview out then if you can. :)

here's a brief clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8BsdKL-L5o

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Thanks for that clip !! So what was Joanna doing over here on our shores ??

larsen525
04-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Break out the Bolly, sweetie darlings! :slocombe:

www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011/apr/20/absolutely-fabulous-bbc-1-sitcom

- E.

Lucas The Tucas
04-21-2011, 08:03 PM
O'Wibby will be HAPPY !

:? But, I've never seen any of the first ones ! :yes:

Xymers
04-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Interesting news. I'll be interested to see how they match up to the previous ones.

sonosun
04-21-2011, 10:01 PM
I am looking forward to seeing the new episodes of Ab Fab. I hope I don't have to wait too long.

Greg WibblyWobbly
04-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Oh bloody hell it's about time !! http://lordgreg.minki.net/dance.gif
The last eppy "White Box" was horrid and I was hoping that Saunders would come back to redeem herself before everyone was either too old or too dead to do it.
Bless you Erik for posting this news. :D

cpl.er...Capt. Joe
04-22-2011, 05:09 PM
Wow! The only problem I see is that there is no way I can believe any of those characters survived into this century. I remember watching that show almost 20 years ago and found it hard to believe they had more than a few minutes left in them. They were already past their prime then. It will be interesting to see how their characters evolved/survived. I can't buy it if they stayed the same.

Greg WibblyWobbly
04-23-2011, 02:44 AM
Wow! The only problem I see is that there is no way I can believe any of those characters survived into this century.

The last show was only 6 years ago so they definitely made it into "this century".

cpl.er...Capt. Joe
04-23-2011, 01:59 PM
I guess I never caught those! I watched the show in college ages ago, but as they were replayed so much, I burned out on the show and haven't given the series a thought since. I remember hating their last episode in the 90's.

Greg WibblyWobbly
04-24-2011, 03:09 AM
I guess I never caught those! I watched the show in college ages ago, but as they were replayed so much, I burned out on the show and haven't given the series a thought since. I remember hating their last episode in the 90's.

Are you referring to "The Last Shout" ?

amy2005
04-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Will be interesting to see the storylines, and the way the characters relationships are. Looking forward to seeing it :)

cpl.er...Capt. Joe
04-24-2011, 06:39 AM
Are you referring to "The Last Shout" ?

I don't know. All I remember, if I remember rightly which I likely don't, is that they did end the episode with a look into the future that I was really disappointed about. I do remember thinking, "Well if that is how it all ends, I'm glad it's over."

I always thought of AbFab like a time-bomb movie, in that it had a major flaw. The show was about two people whose lives were headed for a major train-wreck. If they defused the bomb in time, it made for a great episode. If the bomb never goes off, it ruins the whole series.

One thing that I really do love about Grace and Favour, no matter what you may think of the shows, is that Grace Brothers' closed and the staff carried on. By YMG dying, it proved the staff was loyal to him to the end. By Grace Brothers' closing, it proved the staff was united by more than their work. They had become family instead of co-workers.

What did Edina and Patsy ever become? Eventually that bugged me and I lost interest.

To each his own!

Greg WibblyWobbly
04-25-2011, 01:54 AM
What did Edina and Patsy ever become? Eventually that bugged me and I lost interest.

To each his own!

Eddy still runs her PR company and Patsy actually went on to run a magazine. Saffy had a baby to a black man and Gran was still kicking.

Captain Peacock's Carnation
04-25-2011, 06:41 PM
All I can say is let's hope Bubble and Gran are in the new shows! 8-D

Greg WibblyWobbly
04-26-2011, 01:35 AM
All I can say is let's hope Bubble and Gran are in the new shows! 8-D

From what I'm hearing they are. I actually hated what Bubble's character evolved into.

sueschmitt
05-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I don't know. All I remember, if I remember rightly which I likely don't, is that they did end the episode with a look into the future that I was really disappointed about. I do remember thinking, "Well if that is how it all ends, I'm glad it's over."

I always thought of AbFab like a time-bomb movie, in that it had a major flaw. The show was about two people whose lives were headed for a major train-wreck. If they defused the bomb in time, it made for a great episode. If the bomb never goes off, it ruins the whole series.

One thing that I really do love about Grace and Favour, no matter what you may think of the shows, is that Grace Brothers' closed and the staff carried on. By YMG dying, it proved the staff was loyal to him to the end. By Grace Brothers' closing, it proved the staff was united by more than their work. They had become family instead of co-workers.

To each his own!

Indeed, that is what I always loved about AYBS? is the camaraderie of the staff and you could tell that they enjoyed each other. It showed in their performances. It still carried thru to Grace and Favour. I kind of wish they had wrapped that up a little bit better than what they did. Typical BBC, they probably thought they had all the time in the world to do another season. That is probably what happened with AbFab. For those of you that are not familiar with AbFab, you must watch the first few seasons of it. I think they were in their hey dey in those first few seasons.

Greg WibblyWobbly
07-15-2011, 06:54 PM
Anyone hear anything else about the new shows yet ?? :?

up_with_wear
09-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Oh my goodness - this is another one of those awesome British comedies that I remember from my youth and now I want to rewatch!!!!! I hate to be redundant, but for those who haven't seen my introduction, I remember my family getting a ton of channels that most of my friends didn't get when I was a kid because we had one of those gigantic beasts of a satellite dish back in the late 80's to mid 90's. We were able pick up 3 or 4 different UK channels and for some reason I always gravitated toward those.

Along with AYBS?, I remember being so fascinated with Ab Fab and a show called The Young Ones! Being a kid (9-12 years old), most of the jokes were wasted on me, but I just adored Patsy and Edina! All through my teenage years, I was convinced that if I ever had a little girl, her name would be Saffron. :lol: (I actually lobbied for that name 4 years ago when my hubby and I had our daughter, but I lost that battle :shrug::p) It's been years and years since I've seen an episode of Ab Fab...probably more than a decade! Now I really want to watch it! I wonder if it's on Netflix or Hulu? Or maybe I'll have to resort to bit torrent sites. Hhmmm.

Greg WibblyWobbly
09-11-2011, 01:45 AM
Ab Fab is my second fav Britcom and The Young Ones has to be forth. :yes:

AlexDS69
10-16-2011, 12:37 AM
As much as I love Absolutely Fabulous, I hated the way that Saffron devolved over the years. She never really came into her own. She had to give up a lot of her development as a woman in order to keep Edina from going off the deep end. She started out as a normal teenager in 1990s Great Britain, and when we last saw her, she was a mess - her husband turned out to be a polygamist, Gran was no longer giving her emotional support (she even gave Saffron a BILL for her services), and she still had to deal with Edina and Patsy. I also found it weird that even though Edina and Patsy got into scrapes, Saffron was pretty violent. She slapped Edina, she slapped Patsy, she slapped her friend Sarah... I am surprised that she didn't channel her frustrations into a crime spree. Hopefully, with the three new AbFab specials, she can grow some proverbial balls and make her life better.

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-16-2011, 04:57 AM
I'm still waiting for some info on these eppys. I can't wait.
I think the whole Saffy thing is that the poor girl had to roll with what was handed to her. I don't blame her for slapping others around and they way it should end is with Saffy kicking back smoking a big fatty and Eddy just out of rehab bitching at her for doing drugs. The circle of life is complete then.
I hated the way they ended "White Box". I thought the whole eppy was totally sub par for the series and the end just left you hanging there.

MarkSentMe
10-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Indeed, that is what I always loved about AYBS? is the camaraderie of the staff and you could tell that they enjoyed each other. It showed in their performances. It still carried thru to Grace and Favour. I kind of wish they had wrapped that up a little bit better than what they did. Typical BBC, they probably thought they had all the time in the world to do another season. That is probably what happened with AbFab. For those of you that are not familiar with AbFab, you must watch the first few seasons of it. I think they were in their hey dey in those first few seasons.

I love old episodes of Ab Fab! My ADD couldn't keep up with the newer stuff, so I kind of let it go!

sonosun
10-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Were there more than 23 episodes? I lost track.

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-22-2011, 04:15 AM
Heck yeah ... there were 37 eppys

amy2005
10-26-2011, 09:02 AM
I've recently been watching the dvd commentaries on series 4 and gay, and actually learned quite alot from it! Things like Jane Horrocks orginally auditioning for the role of Saffy, not Bubble, and that when they drank wine, it was ginger ale, and Eddie's hair changed between series because the original wig was never returned to the show after she filmed a special on another show.

I love watching dvd extras :)

sonosun
10-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Heck yeah ... there were 37 eppys

Goody!

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-27-2011, 01:10 AM
I've recently been watching the dvd commentaries on series 4 and gay, and actually learned quite alot from it! Things like Jane Horrocks orginally auditioning for the role of Saffy, not Bubble, and that when they drank wine, it was ginger ale, and Eddie's hair changed between series because the original wig was never returned to the show after she filmed a special on another show.

I love watching dvd extras :)

How about when you here Jen make mention that she didn't know that the show was edited a certain way or why this part or that part was left in ? I never understood it. It's her show, she writes it yet knows nothing about what goes on after she leaves the stage.

amy2005
10-27-2011, 04:00 AM
How about when you here Jen make mention that she didn't know that the show was edited a certain way or why this part or that part was left in ? I never understood it. It's her show, she writes it yet knows nothing about what goes on after she leaves the stage.

Yeah that did confuse me a little at first.

Wouldn't it be great if all dvds had extras like commentaries... especially shows like AYBS. I love learning about behind the scenes of shows :)

Still looking forward to seeing the announced new eps of Ab Fab, and I'm curious as to how they're going to be done, and which characters will be involved, etc

Greg WibblyWobbly
10-28-2011, 01:49 AM
Yeah that did confuse me a little at first.

Wouldn't it be great if all dvds had extras like commentaries... especially shows like AYBS. I love learning about behind the scenes of shows :)

Still looking forward to seeing the announced new eps of Ab Fab, and I'm curious as to how they're going to be done, and which characters will be involved, etc

:yes:

Greg WibblyWobbly
11-20-2011, 03:54 AM
Has anyone heard anything yet about the new shows ??

amy2005
11-21-2011, 12:13 PM
It says on BBC entertainment news...

Ep 1: audiences will rejoin the ensemble in the middle of a "life-changing experience for one - which affects them all".

Ep 2: Edina sets her sights on changing the career of someone important

Ep 3: Eddy and Patsy play their own part in the 2012 London Olympics.

Greg WibblyWobbly
11-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the info Amy, any dates set yet ?

amy2005
11-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Not that I've seen, but will add any updates on here as I find them :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
11-23-2011, 01:42 AM
Thanks Amy ! :D

amy2005
11-23-2011, 07:58 AM
No exact date yet, but just seen on the metro website that the episodes are being shown as a link to both the London 2012 olympics and the show's 20th anniversary, so will be sometime around then that they're shown, I'm guessing.

Also, it states that all of the 'main 5 cast members' will return. (Joanna / Jennifer / Julia / June / Jane)

Greg WibblyWobbly
11-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Woo-Hoo !!! Thanks for the info Amy !!

Dear Er er
11-24-2011, 02:13 PM
my favourite ab-fab moment is either the drive to town where eddy and patsy get arrested for drink driving after a hilarious car journey involving patsy getting her hair caught in the canvas roof of the alfa romeo OR the "is it a bee?!" incident involving a mobile phone

Dear Er er
11-24-2011, 02:14 PM
E: aaargh the beeee's on meeeeee!

*throws mobile phone onto kitchen table*

P: oh look a small shoe!

Greg WibblyWobbly
11-25-2011, 01:18 AM
The "Is it a bee?" was indeed hilarious. I did a nice wallpaper for that on my site.

:emotlol:

Lucas The Tucas
11-25-2011, 05:28 PM
http://lordgreg.minki.net/images/thanksgivinggracesmall.jpg

:lol:

Greg WibblyWobbly
11-26-2011, 05:03 AM
No you daft boy.

Lucas The Tucas
11-26-2011, 08:25 AM
http://www.best-smilies.com/smilies/Laugh/xyz_best-smilies.com_laught072.gif

amy2005
12-11-2011, 04:12 AM
The first of the new eps are being shown Christmas day, just seen it in the Christmas TV guide :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-11-2011, 04:15 AM
The first of the new eps are being shown Christmas day, just seen it in the Christmas TV guide :)

Woo Hoo !!! Thank you Amy !!

larsen525
12-12-2011, 05:32 AM
More about the new AbFab in this interview with Joanna Lumley, in today's Guardian:

www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2011/dec/11/joanna-lumley-patsy-absolutely-fabulous

- E.

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-13-2011, 01:59 AM
Thanks so much for that Erik ! I got to read half of it. Will have to finish the rest of it tonight.

sonosun
12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
That was great Erik.

Madman
12-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Oh Greeeeeeeeeeeeeg!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0FxwAlP_c

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-17-2011, 04:31 AM
Bless you Aidan !! That was hilarious and I agree 100% about the Kardashboardians.

Eddie - "Look at the fat one at the end. Soon she'll split like an ameba and become two Kardashians."

Patsy (pointing at the picture) - "That looks like a boob when in fact it's another Kardashian."

effing hilarious !!!! :emotlol:

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-25-2011, 03:33 AM
Todays the day and I can't wait !! :D

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-26-2011, 03:50 AM
Friggin hilarious !! Saunders didn't miss a beat.

minki
12-27-2011, 06:42 PM
I like the line "They're multiplying like head lice." :lol:

And it does seems like every time you turn around there's another new one on the show.

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-28-2011, 01:42 AM
I like the line "They're multiplying like head lice." :lol:

And it does seems like every time you turn around there's another new one on the show.

Or a new crap arsed "reality" show that pops up. I love how Eddie says "they're nobodies" because they are.

amy2005
12-29-2011, 03:14 AM
great episode, looking forward to the next one :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-30-2011, 01:29 AM
great episode, looking forward to the next one :)

Definitely !! :thumbup:

amy2005
12-30-2011, 05:47 AM
not sure if anyone's seen it, but on digital spy, it's confirmed that there will be an ab fab movie :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
12-31-2011, 01:49 AM
not sure if anyone's seen it, but on digital spy, it's confirmed that there will be an ab fab movie :)

Is it going to be "our" cast or others ?? I've heard the rumours for years but always thought they were just that ... rumours.

amy2005
12-31-2011, 08:58 AM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a357639/jennifer-saunders-definitely-doing-absolutely-fabulous-movie.html

hopefully this link will work, I'm not good at explaining things, so might be easier to read it off this! :lol: I must say, I am glad that the new eps so far have been good, there was a risk that they wouldn't have worked with how much time has passed since it started and everything :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Woo Hoo and thanks for the link Amy !! I wonder why they are waiting till later on in 2012 to release the third new eppy ?

I knew it would work (bringing back the show). I see the characters are back to being their "old selves" and not the way they were portrayed in Series 4.

amy2005
01-01-2012, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure, but at a guess from what I've read on other websites, the next one is linked to the 2012 Olympics, so maybe they're showing it close to that. Could be wrong though, like I said, just a guess.

Glad the link worked anyway :)

Assistant 134
01-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I want to see tonight's epsiode. It was Duran Duran night on Ab Fab tonight. “Which one is it, darling? Simon Le Bon? Or the pretty one who still puts his face on?”
— Mother (Absolutely Fabulous tonight)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402435_2881212917466_1474362994_32924021_579350849 _n.jpg

sonosun
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Cool

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-02-2012, 04:43 AM
I'm not sure, but at a guess from what I've read on other websites, the next one is linked to the 2012 Olympics, so maybe they're showing it close to that. Could be wrong though, like I said, just a guess.

Glad the link worked anyway :)

You're an angel Amy. :)

I want to see tonight's epsiode. It was Duran Duran night on Ab Fab tonight. “Which one is it, darling? Simon Le Bon? Or the pretty one who still puts his face on?”
— Mother (Absolutely Fabulous tonight)
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402435_2881212917466_1474362994_32924021_579350849 _n.jpg

Gran - "Oh he'll be wearing that eye shodow till the day he dies." (about Nick Rhodes)

Assistant 134
01-02-2012, 05:33 AM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! :lol: I wanna see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assistant 134
01-02-2012, 06:31 AM
June Whitfield on new Ab Fab..." oh look...its Nick Rhodes..".....

Assistant 134
01-02-2012, 11:24 AM
I seen it!!! LMAO!!!

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-03-2012, 01:59 AM
BBC America will be running the two already shown eppys of Ab Fab in a few weeks.

Madman
01-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Oh Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeg!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/showbiz/article-24024783-bbc-bosses-want-new-series-of-ab-fab-for-2013.do

sonosun
01-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Whoo-Hoo! Don't let Greg see that article. He won't be able to go to work .

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the article Aid. I really hope there is another full series. :yes:

Lucas The Tucas
01-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Too Late !

He has seen it, Sonosun. :yes:

larsen525
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM
More AbFab news:

A feature film is in the works: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec/29/absolutely-fabulous-film-french-riviera?newsfeed=true

And the BBC has asked Jennifer French to write a new series!
http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000717/bbc_ask_for_new_series_of_absolutely_fabulous/

Break out the Bolly, sweetie darlings! :D

- E.

AlexDS69
01-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I've downloaded the first two episodes of the new season, but haven't seen them yet. But I did hear that Saffron spent two years in prison for reasons related to her humanitarian work. (I had a feeling that Saffron would be the first one to do hard time, even though Edina's life in some instances merited criminal justice.) I think that in the interim, Edina was allowed to move back in and assume the deed to the house. Otherwise, Edina would have been living somewhere else. If Saffron had come back and said, "I'm home! You're all my ******* now!" (like Meg Griffin once did on Family Guy), that would have been great.

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-10-2012, 01:42 AM
More AbFab news:

A feature film is in the works: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec/29/absolutely-fabulous-film-french-riviera?newsfeed=true

And the BBC has asked Jennifer French to write a new series!
http://www.comedy.co.uk/news/story/00000717/bbc_ask_for_new_series_of_absolutely_fabulous/

Break out the Bolly, sweetie darlings! :D

- E.

:banana:

Greg WibblyWobbly
01-10-2012, 01:42 AM
I've downloaded the first two episodes of the new season, but haven't seen them yet. But I did hear that Saffron spent two years in prison for reasons related to her humanitarian work. (I had a feeling that Saffron would be the first one to do hard time, even though Edina's life in some instances merited criminal justice.) I think that in the interim, Edina was allowed to move back in and assume the deed to the house. Otherwise, Edina would have been living somewhere else. If Saffron had come back and said, "I'm home! You're all my ******* now!" (like Meg Griffin once did on Family Guy), that would have been great.

:lol:

angelique1795
02-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Love Ab Fab...Patsy makes me laugh! http://http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=742&tbm=isch&tbnid=0mjidrMc6LFqsM:&imgrefurl=http://trakt.tv/show/absolutely-fabulous/season/2/episode/6&docid=5DfPvnQcSVIXxM&imgurl=http://vicmackey.trakt.tv/images/episodes/722-2-6.jpg&w=400&h=300&ei=Enk4T8qGCbSw0QHpuLnhAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=266&vpy=145&dur=119&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=99&ty=109&sig=116565485511361147347&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=161&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

Cat_Lover
02-13-2012, 12:27 AM
We finally had the first of the new episodes on TV here in Australia last Wednesday night; and I enjoyed the little of it I saw. We've got the second one screening this week.

Greg WibblyWobbly
02-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Love Ab Fab...Patsy makes me laugh! http://http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&biw=1440&bih=742&tbm=isch&tbnid=0mjidrMc6LFqsM:&imgrefurl=http://trakt.tv/show/absolutely-fabulous/season/2/episode/6&docid=5DfPvnQcSVIXxM&imgurl=http://vicmackey.trakt.tv/images/episodes/722-2-6.jpg&w=400&h=300&ei=Enk4T8qGCbSw0QHpuLnhAg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=266&vpy=145&dur=119&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=99&ty=109&sig=116565485511361147347&page=1&tbnh=125&tbnw=161&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0

:thumbup:

We finally had the first of the new episodes on TV here in Australia last Wednesday night; and I enjoyed the little of it I saw. We've got the second one screening this week.

Wow... well I guess better late than never. :yes:

amy2005
03-18-2012, 09:15 AM
according to an advert i've just seen, there is going to be something ab fab related in the sport relief line up on bbc1 (on the 23rd). it didn't show much in the advert, but there may be some other info on a website somewhere to explain it better than i just have :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
03-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the info Amy !!! :thumbup:

Greg WibblyWobbly
03-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Here it is from the Beeb itself ....

Part 3

Sport Relief (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qljvy), 2012 (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01dxqry)

Duration: 2 hours, 55 minutes
10.35-11.00
John Bishop, Fearne Cotton and James Corden are in the hot seat as Kate Moss, Stella McCartney, Colin Jackson and Linford Christie are among the star names appearing with Jennifer Saunders and Joanna Lumley in a special edition of Absolutely Fabulous for Sport Relief. There's also a special edition of Question of Sport, with 'Sue Barker' as you have never seen her before!

sonosun
03-20-2012, 08:55 PM
When will we get it?

Greg WibblyWobbly
03-21-2012, 01:35 AM
I dunno if it will be shown over here. Sounds like it will be a few minute special like some do for the "Red Nose Specials".

amy2005
03-21-2012, 06:23 AM
things like that are usually put on the BBC's youtube channel, so more than likely it will turn up on there soon after being on TV. I'm just glad we have BBC iplayer, as I'm out that night, so I can watch it when I come home :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
03-22-2012, 01:48 AM
:thumbup: but can someone who doesn't live in the UK have access to the BBC youtube player ??

Greg WibblyWobbly
03-25-2012, 07:50 AM
Finally got to sit down and watch the Ab Fab part of Sport Relief. T'was hilarious as expected. One of the few skits that didn't jam "global guilt" down your throat.

Greg WibblyWobbly
07-25-2012, 01:28 AM
Just watched the "Ab Fab Olympic" eppy last night. Was pretty good.

Queen Pudding
07-25-2012, 05:42 AM
Glad to hear it gonna watch it tonight :)

Greg WibblyWobbly
07-26-2012, 01:44 AM
Glad to hear it gonna watch it tonight :)

:thumbup:

Queen Pudding
07-26-2012, 05:09 AM
I enjoyed it.....the ladies always make me laugh

Greg WibblyWobbly
07-27-2012, 01:40 AM
:yes:

UnanimousInThat
07-30-2012, 06:30 AM
OMG at the end when Patsy lit her cigarette with the Olympic torch. LOL. Amazing.

Greg WibblyWobbly
08-01-2012, 01:19 AM
OMG at the end when Patsy lit her cigarette with the Olympic torch. LOL. Amazing.

Wouldn't expect anything less from Patsy. :lol:

Clinging Winston
08-11-2012, 05:06 AM
Good shows